Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Re: THANK YOU!
Jan 25, 2003, 21:25
nope!

http://www.slsk.org/

you have to download a program, and Install it, then register as a user. It's free (but supported by donations rather than advertising or spyware) and seems excellent for non mainstream music.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Cheers
Jan 25, 2003, 23:05
Thanks for starting this thread, I've dug out some old tapes and had a loverly afternoon reminiscing.
BTW I sent a pic of Copious Freakus2 @ Avebury to your new email addy for your excellent webpages.
PeteG
(Ps, do we get an invite to your wedding? ;)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Ah Nick Drake.
Jan 26, 2003, 12:09
Agreed. Also, if you like the stark, confessional vibe of "Pink Moon" then Bert Jansch's "Bert Jansch" and "It Don't Bother Me" will probably appeal as well.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Nick Drake.
Jan 26, 2003, 12:12
I've had this conversation with one or two people before. Julian grew up in Tamworth, Staffordshire, whilst Nick Drake was from Tanworth-in-Arden, Warwickshire. They are about 70 miles apart, on either side of Birmingham.
Drood
47 posts

Sebadoh/ Pink Moon
Jan 27, 2003, 11:52
They did an interesting cover of that one.
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Chaos and confusion!
Feb 23, 2003, 15:38
Had all these people advising me to try "one of these things first" and never realised 'til now that "one of these things first" is the title of a song.
Andy Strain
72 posts

Solic Air
Feb 23, 2003, 16:30
John Martyn hated Nick Drake. About 5 years ago he complained how everyone thinks Solid Air is meant as some compassionate statement, when he was just trying to tell Nick he was killing himself.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Gabrielle Drake.
Feb 23, 2003, 19:42
and she was in UFO in a lairy purple wig and silvery space suit. Which is nice.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: fRANCIS Drake.
Feb 23, 2003, 22:16
Armada? Nah Armarda than that! Bowls to 'em!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Solic Air
Feb 24, 2003, 12:05
You may be right about the song, but from the JM interview I downloaded from Audio Galaxy I don't think it's quite fair to say Martyn hated Nick. By the end of it he sounded like he was almost in tears. I think he was just disappointed that someone who'd once been his mate was beginning to withdraw into a world of their own and becoming remote and uncommunicative. A close friend of mine once did a Roichey Edwards style disappearing act for 3 years, and although I was annoyed at the abandonment I didn't hate him. Sometimes friendships and the emotions they involve ain't as cut and dried as they seem.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index