Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Re: Nick Drake.
Jan 25, 2003, 15:35
All his songs are great
River Man off Five Leaves Left wierds me out in a nice way.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Black Eyed Dog
Jan 25, 2003, 16:19
(World of)Skin..a Swans side project of Micheal Gira and Jarboe did a nice version of the song..appears on a Swans comp& live albums as well..Jarboe continues to cover this song to a beautifully harrowing effect
moey
moey
770 posts

Re: Black Eyed Dog
Jan 25, 2003, 16:24
I have a tribute album called Brittle Days which has covers by Loop, The Walkabouts, No Man, Shelleyan Orphan etc. Some very nice, some a bit poor.

Tim Bowness from No Man is a big fan, he's covered Road and Pink Moon.

Moey
Beebon
1375 posts

Jan 25, 2003, 16:31
Get them all get them all get them all!!!!

They are certainly worth the money, i got 5 leaves left, then pink moon then bryter later..... and thats also how i would rate them too.... though they are all perfect :)

Cant really add anymore to what they have all said above!

Steve :)
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2615 posts

Jan 25, 2003, 16:55
I haven't had time to read the other replies to your question Paul, but I bet I'm not the only one who says simply get 'em all. The 'Fruit Tree' box set on Hannibal contains all of his officially sanctioned recordings, including the 'Time Of No Reply' outtakes set. You can pick it up for forty sobs, or less. A lifetime's pleasure is guaranteed.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jan 25, 2003, 17:14
I looked that fruit Tree box up on Amazoin and it seem,s to be before the remaster.
I thought they would've sorted that.
Does the sybbylance on all possible letters disappear with the remaster? Is it still on the box set?
I had to take back my original vinyl copy of Fruit Tree in the late 80s for that problem. Then heard it on other copies of the material I heard.
Did Nick have a bit of a lithp?

While thinking about this Nick stuff earlier I realised that I didn't mention Mark Eitzel/American music Club.
Mark seems to be a major fan, Western Sky from AMC's California seems to be directly influenced as was Mark's guitar style.

The Live version of Black Dog on THe Swans' Omniscience is stunning. I think it may now be on Various Failures since I think all the original Rabbit era stuff is long since out of print
Stevo
Np Congos The Wrong Thing
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

THANK YOU!
Jan 25, 2003, 17:34
Dont even know where to start! I've downloaded a couple of tracks of Nick Drake, (havent actually played them yet) and will go find some of his albums next payday unless I somehow really dont like what he does.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Re: THANK YOU!
Jan 25, 2003, 19:28
Where are you getting the Mp3's from paul?
PeteG
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Jan 25, 2003, 20:05
>FroM Tamworth I ThOUGHT?

Yeah, Tamworth in Arden, is where he's from. I visited his grave on a trip up from Bristol about three years ago.

'Black Eyed Dog' is my favourite ND track too, such a devastating song, quite unique.

In terms of what to get, I'll just agree with the consensus. Get it all, you can't go wrong.
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Re: THANK YOU!
Jan 25, 2003, 21:22
soulseek.

http://www.slsk.com I think.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index