Topic View: Flat | Threaded
garerama
garerama
1110 posts

Re: Elevators Re-issues on CD...
Mar 15, 2020, 21:23
Zariadris wrote:
Hey garerama and Seth Man!

On your sage advice I ordered all three Charley editions...they came with a free rip to tide me over till the discs finally reach me. So far I've been exploring EE in both mixes and I'm floored all over again (yes, pun intended).

Thank you both again for taking the time to offer your suggestions.

Two more questions:

I notice on the rip - both downloaded and streaming - that there are a few digital glitches at the end of the stereo version of Postures on disc two of EE. I'm assuming this is not on the actual CD? I guess I'll find out soon enough, but I'd be curious to know if you can confirm that.

Second, I'd love to know both of your opinions - and anyone else's of course - on which mixes of these albums you prefer - Mono or Stereo?

Peace.

Z

No probs - glad you are getting them.

I can't say I have noticed digital glitches but then again my hearing ain't like it used to be...

Don't think I really have a preference over mono or stereo with these two. The stereo from recollection is not as OTT as a lot of psych albums of the time and doesn't suffer from mad panning (drums to the right etc ...). Of late I listen to most digital stuff in headphones so would have a bias to stereo mixes for separation etc... I am at a stage where I usually listen to vinyl through a very modest hi-fi set up at home and cds when out and about (or at work) - still use a portable discman! I don't have any Elevators on vinyl yet) and I most likely to listen mono through the hi-fi.

Unsung Forum Index