13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Re: Elevators Re-issues on CD...
Mar 12, 2020, 18:40
Zariadris wrote:
Dear Heads,

I could use your help. I want to replace my old cds of the first three 13th Floor Elevators lps which I've had for years as dodgy Russian boots. I always dug the ancient weathered sound of those recordings - never put me off - and all three are essential albums in my life.

Every time I think to go and and buy a new set, I'm confronted with so many versions that I tend to just give up and keep "Livin' On' with what I got.

I notice on Amazon that Charlie has reissued these as double disks with both the mono and stereo mixes, and some extra cuts, but I also see various other labels with reissues with more expanded or different extras and if you've noticed, you never can tell which reviews on Amazon refer to which reissue.

Of all the versions, which might you recommend? I'm less interested in extra tracks than I am in the best sounding remaster - though the Charlie version of Bull of the Woods looks amazing with the extended version of Livin' On, etc. I assume that's the one to go for for that album, but what about Psychedelic Sounds and Easter Everywhere?

Thanks...

Zariadris,
The 2xCDs of PSYCHEDELIC SOUNDS (Charly 2010), EASTER EVERYWHERE (Charly 2010), and BULL OF THE WOODS (Charly 2011) are the best sounding reissues I've heard yet on CD.

Soundwise, I'm fairly certain they're comparable/the same as the versions on the Charly/International Artists box set, SIGN OF THE 3 EYED MEN (2009), and those all sounded fabulous.

Unsung Forum Index