Jan 29, 2020, 13:15
common era wrote:
Vybik Jon wrote:
common era wrote:
Zariadris wrote:
common era wrote:
Vybik Jon wrote:
Zariadris wrote:
am I the only fan of the Black Sheep VC?!

It's a distinct possibility!

What the fuck? A BSVC fan? Even I'm not a fan and I was there!

We're still working on the always difficult second album. At first listen it wasn't disappointing enough so we having to rethink it.

C'mon man, what's not to love? Who hasn't felt this way deep in the caverns of the earth? The sheer freaked out subterranean joy, the lingering smell of disarticulated bones, the sound of blood coursing through your ears (perfectly captured by the analog hiss, like the nearby rushing of the Styx).

Seriously, you guys are heroes - I'm not joking! I've got the great Wideford Hill playing right now and it's like a-cappella Cluster. I wanna head back down into the Great Mother's bosom and shout and grunt and scream the corn into the furrows.

Beautiful. We always said that if only one person related to it (and the deep joy we felt creating it) then job done!

We may have to reform.

Yes, but with no original members in the line up!

It's the modern way.
braindonor
braindonor
184 posts

Re: Drifting away from Cope and trying to get back
Jan 29, 2020, 14:03
Would love to but I live in Canada. He doesn't seem to venture outside of the UK. As an aside I am slowly, deeply, going through Self Civil War. Really paying attention listening repeatedly. Got as far as Einstein and am really enjoying most of it. Up next is John Balance goes to Valhalla and then Skellington 3, at a glacial pace. Fingers crossed!
Makkr
307 posts

Apr 03, 2020, 19:46
If anybody's interested I've just uploaded the audio Manchester Hacienda gig from the WSYM tour March 22 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4Xjl_HaXs
Mantid
100 posts

Apr 09, 2020, 17:11
Zariadris wrote:
This discussion reminds of the old Bob Dylan gone electric controversy!

I've long since backtracked and discovered the earlier stuff I'd missed which you guys hooked up with in real time, and I certainly love that too (Jehovahkill is a stone cold desert 'island' disc, pardon the pun). But his later work is key and no less essential, and should, I believe, be seen as both a natural progression (not a break) and part of a wider creative trip that includes his writings, activism, the side projects (am I the only fan of the Black Sheep VC?!), the Unsung/Address Drudion posts, and 131 with its ingenious tie-ins. In the final analysis, Cope's whole thing is greater than the sum of its considerable parts, as fine as those parts are: it's an eclectic, mythopoeic and open-ended worldview that invites us to engage with it, and expand upon it, on our own terms. Very few artists will give you that.

Couldn't have said it better myself, we are on an identicalish trajectory. Wish I could send a DM on. this site, or can I somehow? We should be friends.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index