Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What are you listening to RIGHT THIS SECOND?

457 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3064 posts

Edited Jan 28, 2017, 15:49
Re: What are you listening to RIGHT THIS SECOND?
Jan 28, 2017, 15:18
William Tyler - The Great Unwind... It's on the Uncut freebie The Hustle from the end of last year, curated by Kurt Wagner, that nobody else here, iirc, has given a headsup to apart from me. Why? Pass. It is on Youtube. From Tyler's latest album Modern Country. If this is New Americana then I love it. I don't always like critics - some of them are complete twats. But read this: - says it better than me.. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/12/william-tyler-modern-country-sublime-americana ..don't forget the comments too. Youtube next. You should know what to do with wallet or keyboard next if those ears and brain and other organs and limbs are working and connected.... Wagner, strange as it seems, lived in my town for a while. His folks were academics at the Uni. When he's over he comes back to his roots when he can, including my mate's shop. It'd be nice to get a bell.. may happen in next day or so. I'd like to say ta for FLOTUS anyway, but also for introducing me to this supreme music too. Floored when I first heard it, still am. One of those 'hear one track, want the album regardless of the rest' jobs. Rather like FLOTUS. They fit together well. Listen. "My ears are on, 10-4?" said the late, great Randy California on Future Games. Ditto. This is up at that level too, for me. A musical companion for life. I'm not a critic, I'm a very naughty boy... EDIT: damned if I can get that link to work..looks fine my end. There's enough there to get to it regardless, if you want or need.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index