Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What are you listening to RIGHT THIS SECOND?

457 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jan 25, 2017, 04:52
Re: What are you listening to RIGHT THIS SECOND?
Jan 25, 2017, 03:08
Just spun Love's first album for the first time in forever. Having trouble connecting to former favourites right now, but I knew Love wouldn't fail me. One thing I never noticed before is how upfront that crunchy bass is on even the most tender tracks. Adore that Byrdsian jangle of 1966, especially on Can't Explain. That track is definitely one of those void-fillers Lester Bangs wrote about (something so simple and perfect it feels like it's always been in existence). No Matter What You Do is another swaggering void-filler. There are a few slightly feebler cuts at the end of side B, but hell of an enjoyable listen nevertheless. Listen prompted after finally finding a link to Love Story: https://vimeo.com/80188255

ETA: Gah, great doc- like that Ramones End of the Century doc, it caught a lotta people right at the very tail-end of their lives- but I hate how it completely dismissed Four Sail and Out Here at the end. Always See Your Face is one of the most beautiful musical treatments of depression ever written, dagnamnit!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index