Oct 29, 2010, 17:28
zphage wrote:
mojojojo wrote:

very nice selection

strong libraries are a national asset

where i live has the heaviest density of libraries per capita in the US

music-wise libraries are usually hit and miss around here,

yet strong on DVDs

Pretty much everything I know about Classical and Jazz I owe to Swiss Cottage and Holborn libraries. Not sure what the selection is like now but 30 years ago Swiss Cottage in particular had a spectacular music section (books and discs). Much as I love a lot of the aspects of the access to music we have today (especially checking out new artists via myspace etc) having to pick a couple of recordings a week to concentrate on probably meant I stuck with difficult things longer than I would were I an 18 year old today. Cecil Taylor and Webern for two.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: The Monkees ?
Oct 29, 2010, 18:42
Pagan Dawn wrote:
FAIL.

Tosser.

I'm intrigued by the turn of phrase.
I thought each of those words denoted a different side of the Atlantic. Or is the FAIL thing now just generic interweb?
Mainly seen it on US websites myself.

Very apt though.

Stevo
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Oct 29, 2010, 19:16
Personally I was thinking that since Dodge manages to misunderstand every single post I make, he is either a troll misunderstanding-on-purpose to wind me up, or terminally stupid. Now, thinking about it, given the level of his language usage and spelling capabilities*, the answer is obvious.

I was going to avoid this sort of personal comment, but seeing as the the discussion has been dragged down to this level already, why not eh?

*"Allright" anyone? And not knowing whether to use "their" or "there" or "they're"? It doesn't take a particularly high IQ does it?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Oct 29, 2010, 19:51
Squid Tempest wrote:

I was going to avoid this sort of personal comment, but seeing as the the discussion has been dragged down to this level already, why not eh?

This is the singularly most revealing post you have ever made Squid.
"Why Not eh?"

You really need to face up to the fact that you are Mob-scene Drama-Queen loutish boor.
But i already knew that about you.

You just can't help yourself.
And Spelling? Really....... your going to call me on that?
Thats some funny shit right there man.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Oct 29, 2010, 19:52
For commenting on the quality of his local library?
I don't think so twatty.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Oct 29, 2010, 20:34
dodge one wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

This is the singularly most revealing post you have ever made Squid.
"Why Not eh?"

You really need to face up to the fact that you are Mob-scene Drama-Queen loutish boor.

You just can't help yourself.
And Spelling? Really....... your going to call me on that?
Thats some funny shit right there man.

That should be "you're", Dodge. Just to let you know. Funny shit, isn't it?
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Oct 29, 2010, 20:54
Agree, used the library at Holborn to try all sorts, wasn't a huge selection but someone had good taste. And lots of fantastic spoken word stuff, poetry and plays.
landells
landells
680 posts

Edited Oct 29, 2010, 21:06
Oct 29, 2010, 21:05
dodge one wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

I've known Squid for almost nine years. I've actually met him countless times - we've been to each other's homes and my family is friends with his family… he's not merely an internet buddy, he's a trusted and valued friend. So, I think I'm pretty qualified to say that your comments above are wrong - amusingly so. Being honest I'd say they more accurately describe you but as I have only known you via some internet posts that you've made over the last few months I'd never be arrogant and disillusioned enough to make such a claim
landells
landells
680 posts

Edited Oct 29, 2010, 21:14
Oct 29, 2010, 21:10
dodge one wrote:
For commenting on the quality of his local library?
I don't think so twatty.

But dodgywodgy, that is one of the problems with you: you are so keen and quick to attack people - with those attacks ranging from mild sarcasm to outright aggressive hostility - that it has become almost impossible to tell when you are being genuine and when you are being a cunt
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Oct 29, 2010, 23:06
Oct 29, 2010, 22:09
dodge one wrote:

Yes.....really.
I'm also sorry you missed me so much during my hiatus from the site.
But i had more serious concerns in my professional life to consider for the while.
You understand, Don't you?
Is there a sort of calculated amount of time that is considered appropriate for one to spend on this site?
I know that for some, it's a full time occupation.
Me? It's just a diversion. A laugh.
Loving all the drama.
D1

Well, let's see ... I've accumulated 4002 posts over a period of nine years. You've accumulated 1202 in a timespan of less than two!

Guess you must be more qualified to answer your own question than I am?
Pages: 18 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ] This topic is locked

Unsung Forum Index