Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Have I been told off by Julian on the Drudion for....

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited May 01, 2009, 23:00
Re: Have I been told off by Julian on the Drudion for....
May 01, 2009, 22:59
there's an article in this months Wire about a USB stick housed in a bamboo casing that contains 10 albums by a artist called Martiensgohome. There's also an article/ interview with Lee. Can you get it over there?

8)
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

May 01, 2009, 23:24
Citizensmurf wrote:
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
If everyone followed the 'what if everyone did that?' rule, the world would be a much more boring place. If everyone did everything the same, the world would be an extremely boring place.

Nah, I take your point, Smurf, but don't take it too seriously. They're not politicians or revolutionaries, just a bunch of old punks... artists, at best. Holding a banner saying you're against something doesn't neccesarily mean that you think that holding a banner is all it takes to defeat it. But it's a start.

Deviance? Dissent? Be a deviant, be a dissident. Both are fine in my book. "Go on, you've got five seconds... say something outrageous."

I try not to make such serious points around here (not that I can't be serious, but I generally come here for the music), but JC has been seeming more and more politically active lately, and his words have got me pondering.

I like that Cope has a sense of humour about the world, I think without that, people tend to get lost in their aims. Though honestly, it's hard to tell when he's having a laugh and when he's dead serious.

The book I quoted really solidified a lot of concerns I had about adbusting, anti-consumerism and the dreaded No Logo. The authors are a couple of Canucks, like myself, and it was a refreshing read, with a great sense of humour throughout.

(I often find it strange when people call me Smurf, I really just use that name because it was the first thing I thought of when trying to setup a hotmail account years ago, now I just use it so I don't have to remember umpteen different usernames across the internet, my name is really Neal)

Nevermind all this ....I've had me arse kicked and you lot (apart from the ever concerned Dee!!!) dont seem to give a fuck........
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

May 01, 2009, 23:36
dave clarkson wrote:
there's an article in this months Wire about a USB stick housed in a bamboo casing that contains 10 albums by a artist called Martiensgohome. There's also an article/ interview with Lee. Can you get it over there?

8)

No! Good news about Lee, chuffed for him- unsung! ;-)
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Edited May 01, 2009, 23:47
Stick it !!!!!!
May 01, 2009, 23:47
dave clarkson wrote:

8)

Forgot to add, I put a usb stick in a bottle* and launched it off the n.w.wales coast....haven't heard anything back yet and that was 6 months ago!

*©jim tones -LOL!
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re: Stick it !!!!!!
May 01, 2009, 23:51
...might have been eaten by something in the irish sea.

8)
dave clarkson
2988 posts

May 01, 2009, 23:53
...well you should stand up for yourself and not give a fuck either!

8)
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

May 02, 2009, 03:01
earthlingfred93 wrote:
Nevermind all this ....I've had me arse kicked and you lot (apart from the ever concerned Dee!!!) dont seem to give a fuck........

I feel for you bud - I downloaded from your link. I hadn't got around to listening to it until JC's Druidion, and have now ordered it. In other words, you helped support the musicians, even if it was by a strange route.

This raises the whole shitty debate about downloading (which I can't be arsed to get into in detail, suffice to say I spend the majority of my income on music - hard copy or legal downloads - but DO download things if I can't find them for sale). I've only been on this site for 3 weeks and have already spunked my wages on kosher releases from the Merchandiser, Druidion and here in Unsung (awesome Spaceship stuff!) - but what matters to me is the music, not how much it cost.

The point I really want to make is: don't worry about the arse-kicking; JC can probably afford lots of expensive psych reissues, whereas someone who downloaded from your link might not, and surely they have equal right to hear what a great album it is? I'm not a believer that Art should have a mandatory entrance fee if it is beyond the pocket of it's intended audience.

All in all mate, chin-up, you both appreciate the same thing, just disagreed on format, which, if you think about it was nutshelled in the 1970s:

"Brian: Excuse me. Are you the Judean People's Front?
Reg: Fuck off! We're the People's Front of Judea!"

Or in this gem:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!"
He said, "Nobody loves me."
I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"
He said, "A Christian."
I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me, too! What franchise?"
He said, "Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! We're practically brothers! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."
I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

You've heard "Resistance is Futile" and probably "Resistance is Fertile". Really resistance should be puerile :)

Hope that cheered you up a little.
machineryelf
3681 posts

May 02, 2009, 06:59
http://funnyswf.googlepages.com/wooden-computer.htm

I grew this in my allotment last summer, I'm hoping to upgrade this year if the weather's a bit warmer
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

May 02, 2009, 09:04
Cheers mingtp and to be honest I couldnt give a hoot about the comment and I find it all rather amusing about he download thing. Your right about some people being able to afford all these lavish psych reissues whilst some others have lost jobs due to the recession and have to be a bit more careful how they spend their money. If anything the link helped people discover what a great album it is and hopefully it helped sales on the WIS re-issue. Afterall how many so-called lost psych masterpieces have we been told about turn out to be just plain mediocre after we've spent 20quid on them...at least we know this one is far from that...

I'm all right boys i'm sat on a rubber ring!!!!LOL!!
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

May 02, 2009, 09:07
dave clarkson wrote:
...well you should stand up for yourself and not give a fuck either!

8)

Stand up for meself..I only got out of prison 2 years ago for murdering the town bully pal!!
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index