Unsung Forum »
Loop vs Spacemen 3

31 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Desenterrador
1 posts

Re: Loop vs Spacemen 3
Oct 28, 2020, 22:41
In general I tend to agree that Spacemen 3 were first at the drone repetition thing. And also that their catalogue is more varied. But by the time Loop appeared proper, Spacemen were in other pastures and Loop had mastered the repetition/drone/kraut thing to an extent that Spacemen never even tried. And with a bit of a dystopian/industrial atmosphere that Spacemen never thought about. It probaly came from Robert Hampson participation in the mighty Godflesh. And that only stands them apart way too much.
All Sonic's tantrums are just that, tantrums. Even if Loop decided to follow Spacemen 3 steps, the level of geniousness they reached in the end allows for some kind of initial similarities.
Also I'm dumbstruck to find that nobody mentions "wolf Flow" the record with the Peel Sessions on it, that by far is the best testament of the power of Loop. That record is unbeatable.
So both great, comparisons are useless. Myself I find me listening to Loop more, just because I like the dry atmospheric heaviness of it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index