Re: Your least favourite acts, ever
Jul 28, 2005, 20:58
ok......
Tangerine Pete
Tangerine Pete
487 posts

Jul 28, 2005, 21:33
wow I think you've exposed a major double standard there PV...I too have noticed that sort of thing go on with various people...

I worry about Fitter ya know --- ace review writer, though his sunny disposition seems to have taken a major hit after he returned from that Hatfield reunion gig. Most of his posts seems to be simmering with rage lately...
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Jul 28, 2005, 22:54
On theological grounds (argument-starters): Rolling Stones & David Bowie

Also sucking, but most people realise it: Eric Clapton & Genesis (especially Phil Collins era, but also the bulk of the earlier stuff says I.)

Really grate on me: The Eagles!!! Henley especially (except when he sings disco falsetto on that one song.)

Just kinda boring: Fleetwood Mac (post-Green)

Current stars: 50 Cent, Christina Aguillera, Dave Matthews & Good Charlotte

(Not bothering to dis anyone who isn't massively successful & popular.)
Tangerine Pete
Tangerine Pete
487 posts

Jul 28, 2005, 23:31
my least fave --
REO SPEEDWAGON!!!

sorry Dog :)
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2612 posts

Knobbie Willie-ums
Jul 28, 2005, 23:46
Naah, it's not the same. Surely Knobbie is "chin-stroked about" as well? The media love him, and the "quality" press review his albums as if they were the highest art. Watch what happens when his threatened "reggae" album hits the stands later this year to see what I mean.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 01:32
Not even "Kid A"? I'm not a fan of their other stuff at all, but even I was pleasantly surprised by that. Shame that they virtually abandoned that direction after "Amnesiac" and went back to being Pink Floyd mark 2.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 15, 2012, 19:48
Jul 29, 2005, 01:47
<Just kinda boring - Fleetwood Mac post-Green>

As I wrote in my "Tusk" review on Unsung a couple of years back - I disagree, I'll probably get crucified for this by some of my more Brit-blues -boom friendly fellow HHers, but I like the late 70s stuff better than the Green era (with the exception of the admittedly gorgeous "Albatross", which is perfect for MDMA comedowns). Technically brilliant and emotionally on edge he may have been, but white middle class English kids singing the blues has never been my thang.

Not onlyt that, "Tusk" is an unsng masterpiece of an establisheed group going aganst the grain that would rival "Metal Box " or "Kid A". And rumours is one of that rarest atrifacts - a perefect pop album that actually sold in astronomical figures (rather than ending up on "C86".
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 05:39
Oh yeah, well I like the Captain & Tenille!

(True!)
red peony
red peony
645 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 06:09
Just heard Burn Rubber today in a restaurant as a matter of fact.

Put the Pedal to the metal and
Burn rubber on me,
Charlene, OH NO NO NO NO!

Yes!
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 07:06
;-D Muskrat Love and Love will keep us together. Ah bless! xx
Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index