Your least favourite acts, ever

Pages: 22 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2608 posts

Your least favourite acts, ever
Jul 27, 2005, 00:09
No doubt this has been covered here before, in which case, apologies. But I'm well curious to see what acts under the wide and massive generic term of "popular music" grate the most to the sage dudes of this site. I don't include such obvious wank as Black Lace or The Wombles which are meant as annoying novelty or kids' acts and thus represent all-too-easy targets. Rather, I refer to those "artistes" who get full, in-depth reviews in the proper media as if they represent pop music as real art.

For what it's worth, here's the top five acts guaranteed to act as silver foil to yours truly's dental fillings:

Robbie Fucking Williams
The Eurythmics
UB40 (post 'Signing Off', anyway)
Bon Jovi
Phil Collins (and that from a 'Selling England' era Genesis fan)

All AOR/MOR shite, and in themselves therefore easy targets, I know. But try as i might, I can't think of any other popular acts that make me more inclined towards hari-kari.

You are most welcome to discuss!
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: Your least favourite acts, ever
Jul 27, 2005, 00:13
Nah. Done all that a few weeks ago.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jul 27, 2005, 00:13
I don't think you're allowed to have Robbie if you rule out Black Lace. Surely it's got to be people that are actually chin-stroked about. Like U2. And, surely you can't choose someone because of what they became, if you like some stuff you gotta balance whether that saves them. That's much more fun.

Radiohead have no redeeming features whatsoever, IMO.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Jul 27, 2005, 00:23
Rush

I detest them with a passion!
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jul 27, 2005, 00:33
Japan. Worst band ever by quite some distance. Everything they ever did was superficial, pretentious and vacuous yet they thought they were oh so 'artistic'. Like if you took Westlife but made their lineage start with Bowie instead of Donny Osmond.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jul 27, 2005, 00:49
Erm, not gloating or anything, Fitter. But didn't I start up a "Head Heritage 50 Worst Bands" thread a while back that got a bit of a negative response from you along the lines of "This is all rather futile"? Not that I mind, just wouldn't have expected you to be the oine that resurrected the idea!

For what it's worth, mine are

The Mission
Fields of The Nephlim
All About Eve
It Bites
U2
The Cure (although, I must grudgingly admit that they released a couple of decent singles in their time)
New Model Army
The Levellers
vince
vince
1628 posts

Jul 27, 2005, 01:27
seconded. I particularly hate those people who proclaim them to be 'the musicians musicians'. Absolute toss.
Seb
Seb
600 posts

Jul 27, 2005, 08:46
good list - same as mine, except i like the cure a little more than you.
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Jul 27, 2005, 09:53
Apologies in advance, but it's "instant gag-reflex" for me with any of the following:

Muse
Jane's Addiction
Guns & Roses/Velvet Revolver
Bob Marley
Parliament
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Jul 27, 2005, 09:54
Elton John makes me want to smoke crack
Pages: 22 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic