Soundtrack To Our Lives w/e 30/04/05

35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Zos
389 posts

Re: Soundtrack To Our Lives w/e 30/04/05
May 06, 2005, 15:34
Sparks - Propaganda/Indiscreet/Lil' Beethoven
I thought i'd lost these albums, and jumped for joy when I rediscovered them behind my chest of drawers. Lil Beethoven has really grown on me - I didn't dig it too much at first, but I'm really liking it's minimalist repetitious vibe at the moment. But why does "Suburban Homeboy" always remind me of Fred Durst?!

William Byrd - Selections from The Keyboard Music of William Byrd
Holy shit! Great stuff, and Singingringingtree - The Battell is pretty incredible!

Jacques Ogg - German Harpsichord Music before Bach
Been trying to get my hands on stuff by Froberger, so got this. Excellent - nothing quite reaching the giddy heights of Byrd, but some great moments nonetheless!

Amsterdam Loeki Stardust Quartet - Recorder Music from Renaissance England
Can't stop listening to this one - all yer faves; Byrd, Tallis, Tavener, Henry VII...

Van Der Graaf Generator - Present
First three tracks are pretty mervy... not sure about the rest... there's some shit on disc 2 that would have made great songs, I reckon - can imagine Hammill freaking out over the top to good effect...

The Habibiyya - If Man But Knew
Really beautiful and hypnotic... reminds me of the Third Ear Band, actually...

Johann Wlight - Thee Gold of a Thousand Mournings
An incredibly melancholic and pastoral lo-fi droner, a beautiful twilit listen.

Monks of the Dip Tse Chok Ling Monastery - Sacred Ceremonies 2: Tantric Hymns & Music of Tibetan Buddhism
A favorite - some of the most mind altering music I know of... "Auspicious Sounds of Instruments in Nine Repetitions" is just brilliant...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index