Soundtrack To Our Lives w/e 30/04/05

35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Soundtrack To Our Lives w/e 30/04/05
May 03, 2005, 20:44
FTB - most of their records including the Kirikoygen sessions (not actually FTB) and Flowers and Beavers (earlier bands with some of the members.) Doing the big all-japan radio show tonight. (Drop me an email at dog3000 at charter dot net and I can hook y'all up with the secret webcast link -- time is Wednesday ("tonight") 3am-6am EST, midnight-3am PST, or 8am-11am GMT for the Eurocrowd.)

Guess Who - Wheatfield Soul (1969), So Long Bannatyne (1971) and Rockin' (1972). I am totally obsessed, so what?

Perre Henry as Les Yper Sound -- the missing link between Stockhausen and Public Enemy? Definitely gotta check this guy out some more.

Live on tape:

Parliament "P-Funk Earth Tour" (1977) -- I think I may be coming to the revelation that "Parliament" was even better than "Funkadelic"!

Kraftwerk -- bootlegs from Hamburg 1971 (the Schneider-Rother-Dinger lineup) and Leverkusen 1974. Sort of amazing to me how much the audiences were into what they were doing (hardly seems like a "pop" or "rock" sound), and how much what they do today is a direct continuation of what they were doing in 1974.

Live in concert: Neil Hamburger (not the HHer of that name of course) who is a comedian not a musician (though he plays rock clubs and does lots of music-oriented material.) He is both much shtickier and funnier in person than I thought he'd be. Whoever it is who portrays the role of "Neil Hamburger", the dude has serious comedy skills. I mean, how do you keep a room in stitches telling such awful jokes? ("What do you get if you cross Al Qaeda with the Rolling Stones? Islaaaaaamic Jagger!")
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index