Soundtrack To Our Lives w/e 30/04/05

35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Soundtrack To Our Lives w/e 30/04/05
May 01, 2005, 22:41
LP’S

NATACHA ATLAS – Something Dangerous (I’ve been a fan of NA since she wailed on those TGU records and her solo output has been first class, too. I’ve been a bit slow getting this one – from 2003 – but I’m glad I finally managed it. The opening track, Adam’s Lullaby, is a really beautiful thing – and uplifting in it’s own exquisite way)

BILLY MACKENZIE – Auchermatic (Recent cd that includes three excellent tracks that he recorded with other people shortly before he died – with Loom (do they actually exist?), Barry Adamson and Apollo 440 (Pain In Any Language is almost unbearably emotional) – and though they’ve all been previously released, it’s great to hear them again. One track here I hadn’t heard before that I love is his stonking version of Annie & Daves Here Comes The Rain.)

45’S

JULIAN COPE – The Greatness & Perfection (The title says it all)

THE NIGHTINGALES – Devil in the Detail (I saw the doctor about this the other day and as result of his help in weening me off it, I’m now down to two listens a day)

NANCY SINATRA – Let Me Kiss You (a pop single in the grand old-fashioned sense)

SMOG – Held (Pounding, percussive. One of my fave Smog tracks)

STEX – Still Feel The Rain (Joyous! And I love the “Like a knife in the wrong direction” line for some reason)

TEARDROP EXPLODES – Bouncing Babies / Treason / Passionate Friend (As Bill Drummond once sang, The Teardrops weren’t they great)

Plus a couple of live things – The Fall download mentioned on these pages and the early Teardrops cd that was kindly sent and which brought back some happy memories. Thanks.)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index