Jacko is at it again (uh oh)

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Dog...
Nov 21, 2003, 20:47
I wasn't talking about Michael Jackson per se, I was talking about the whole scene.

As for my bullshit detector... I give up! I have no interest in the man, and I don't know him or his detractors. I haven't watched it on TV so I'm as ill-equipped as can be. Not that 'watching it on TV' gives any singular insight into anything in the world of celebs or politics other than a whole mess of messness?

Whatever, I'm the wrong dude to call foul here. If it was my kiddie; then I'd be the right person.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Dog...
Nov 21, 2003, 20:52
Congrats to you for avoiding the 24-7 news media Jackothon these days! I feel like it will be at least a week before there's any point in tuning in again.

Here's another cynical proposition for ya:

What if the timing of Jackogate is part of a "CIA plot" to distract from Iraq etc.?

Not much coverage of Bush in London or bombings in Istanbul yesterday -- but they showed Jacko in handcuffs walking through a door about 10,000 times . . . .

Hmmmmmmm . . . . ?!?!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Cynicsville
Nov 21, 2003, 21:13
"Here's another cynical proposition for ya:

What if the timing of Jackogate is part of a "CIA plot" to distract from Iraq etc.?"

Dude...TV is, like, seriously bad for you!

(PS I only watch DVD's after having watched 'I love the 70's/80's' for the last 2 months and nearly psychically disembowelled myself)

As for the 'news', just say NO!!! There's a world within 200 yds radius of where we live that is neglected/unknown because of locals watching endless TV. This rather than making it a safe and inclusive/pleasant place to be. Consumer culture has a very nasty flipside, I talked to my grandparents about 'community' life before it all wnet crazy, and they said they weren't generally frightened of anything, and people chipped in together and made the area a nice place to be, even though they lived on peanuts and tied onions for a living. Sad but true. Can we consume like pigs and not behave lke pigs toeach other? I'd like to think we could reach a better place...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Cynicsville
Nov 21, 2003, 21:24
Nowadays I read the news online -- still biased but less annoying than TV (and without those grindingly condescending advertisements -- although I do get alot of pop-up ads, but at least they don't talk to me.)
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Cynicsville
Nov 21, 2003, 21:55
Well sure -- you don't watch TV news looking for insight or analysis.

But it does have moving images and can be "live" in the moment. It's good for a couple things that text news isn't.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

u!
Nov 22, 2003, 11:55
U know exactly what you do!
Stay out my face Stray!

Enough already
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index