Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Feb 07, 2020, 00:12
Re: Utter Brexshits
Feb 07, 2020, 00:02
Rhiannon wrote:

I guess we just have to wait for the fan-hitting to begin and see what happens.

On a positive note, when I arrived home last night I could smell greenness in the air, it was a distinct and new Springy smell. It's even sunny out there right now. Trips out await.

I think is all anyone can do in the short term Rhiannon. Nigel may not think so but I am on the same page as him - except of course the bit about labelling large sections of the population thick as shit. I believe Labour will walk the next General Election if they focus. Also think Jeremy Corbyn is something of a hero (one of the few British politicians to stand up for beleaguered Palestine) but it seems he wasn't trusted as a leader. So a new leader it is - one that can call this current lot to account.

On a personal level, I lost one unique, good friend in May last year. Later in the year (and I say this with full respect to Moss) I accidently discovered Littlestone had died. First and foremost I felt so very sad for Moss. I do sometimes read her superb blog and she seems to be bravely getting on with stuff. My point being Rhiannon is that life is short when all is said and done and wanting to make the most of our short earthly span by living as harmoniously as we can does not mean acquiescence with all that has happened politically in the past three/four years. It does mean (for me anyway) not letting bitterness and anger colour what is left of my life - guessing you are a lot younger than I am.
All the best
jx
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index