57 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Utter Brexshits
Feb 02, 2020, 17:28
nigelswift wrote:

They're right about one thing: all the stuff about Brexit being to do with the North and Midlands being resentful about being left behind is a made-up story. The metropolitan media bubble has no idea about how they think. They're simply irredeemably ill-informed and racist and voted accordingly.

Nigel, I'm not going to refute there is racism out there - I don't encounter it often because I would avoid anyone with that mind set like the plague.
I believe, when David Cameron went to Brussels to try to renegotiate some of the EU red lines free movement of people was one of them. Did the EU became too big, 27 countries isn't it? Yes, all those EU workers have contributed and still contribute to our economy, especially the NHS and care services.
However, to pretend there haven't been some undesirables turning up is burying your head in the sand. There are for example quite a lot of people driving around without road tax or insurance. Far more seriously, there is people trafficking and forced slave labour. Is it racist to say out loud this wrong and these people should be prosecuted and deported back to whence they came.

There must be a middle way of decency through all this without all this 'them and us'. People are people wherever they come from - some of them are bad bastards but most of them are not.

j x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index