57 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Utter Brexshits
Feb 02, 2020, 20:26
nigelswift wrote:
It's the resident Muslims they think, in their incredible ignorance, will be sent back. I really don't think you are understanding what these people are like June.

As for having nothing to do with racists they are perfectly normal most of the time. I would recommend you go to any of scores of pubs fronting the Birmingham-Wolverhampton New Road and nurse a pint and just listen but I would rather you didn't!

And yes I know immigration causes problems. Mt sister lives in Lincolnshire and it's almost impossible to get a doctors appointment because of all the Eastern Europeans. But that's rational. In the West Midlands it's all about "getting rid of the Pakis".

Ah! That sort of racism, no I don't encounter it too much - not because I live in a safe-middle-England-mainly-white-small-Wiltshire-town. I do not. I live in Swindon which has often been compared to a Midlands town. It has an enormous Indian/Asian population - they all seem to rub along. It was a Sikh driver who won the bus driver of the year award a year or so ago. There is a Goan population of about 20,000 many of whom will lose their jobs when the Honda factory closes. And of course there is a large Muslim community. The Goans are all Catholic and seem to fit right in. So I guess it must be a culture clash. No excuse for racism though - like I said there are some bad bastards out there and some of them frequent West Midland pubs. As most practicing Muslims do not drink alcohol hopefully never the twain shall meet.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index