Extinction Rebellion

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 29, 2019, 14:06
Re: Extinction Rebellion
Apr 29, 2019, 13:53
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/06/09/a-study-the-temperature-rise-has-caused-the-co2-increase-not-the-other-way-around/

The warmer the atmosphere the greater the amount of CO2 it can hold is what they’re basically saying.

I would add that’s even if there has been a ‘significant’ increase. Going from something like 0.036% to 0.038% in the last 40-50 years doesn’t seem like a massive rise to me. More like someone’s taking the rise.
It’s not something I know too much about but other planets in our solar system are also going through ‘climate change’ and our ‘climate change’ is thought by some to be more to do with solar activity. It must be remembered earth is in the sun’s ‘atmosphere.’
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 29, 2019, 14:09
Ah no, I'm not having that, show me some proper science.
Clue: look for ox.ac.uk
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 29, 2019, 15:25
Apr 29, 2019, 15:19
Why isn’t it proper science? These people are scientists..scientists do science. Why should people who work at Oxford be considered ‘the best.’ Best at what exactly? Was there a particular page you wanted to direct to or was it just the name of the uni you thought would be enough to ‘end the discussion’ ; ) It’s common knowledge security services recruit from such places, only we’re given the slant that’s it’s all about ‘keeping us, the country secure and in the know’

Humanity has been made to physiologically live on the brink of world war ever since the last one ended. I remember all the ‘duck and cover’ nonsense as a child. It is on that brink that populations can be most successfully managed or manipulated due to an imminent threat of some form or other. To use the analogy of someone standing on a cliff edge. It would appear that one wobble and it could be curtains...over the edge they go.
But wait..this is a ‘Hollywood’ production we are seeing, presented to us by the media. We don’t see the safety harnesses, the safety net strategical placed a few feet down on the cliff face. There is no real danger apart from the ‘dark actors’ who are deceiving us. Not a great analogy but..
A false sense of danger and need for haste, a sense of emergency could be cover for a multitude of sins.

“The only thing we have to fear..is fear itself.” Roosevelt.

Now just what did he mean by that?

Ah..the propagation of fear in all its forms?
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited Apr 29, 2019, 15:23
Apr 29, 2019, 15:23
OK, why do you believe the website you linked to, and not the website that analyses that one and debunks it completely?

https://www.skepticalscience.com/warming-co2-rise.htm
Amil04
447 posts

Apr 29, 2019, 15:35
I think I’ve already expressed a few things about why I tend to believe articles such as that. Call it an opinion, a belief, a conspiracy theory ..call it what you like but basically I have a deep mistrust of those in power. No matter how glossy and friendly they appear. Their track record is horrendous. Climate change is a Trojan Horse. People are listening to Greta when they should be listening to Cassandra.
I might ask you the same sort of question. They who shout the loudest or who are given the means to shout the loudest are not always correct.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 29, 2019, 15:40
You are aware, are you, that pseudo science can only keep going by trying to discredit science which, by its nature, debunks it? Your swipe at good universities, "It’s common knowledge security services recruit from such places" bears witness to that.

If Oxford isn't up to your standards how about Yale?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 29, 2019, 15:43
And Darwin was wrong too I suppose!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 29, 2019, 15:58
Apr 29, 2019, 15:56
Who mentioned Darwin?

It’s perhaps common to think in situations like this that a ‘good ole’ argument will sort things out and whoever ‘wins’ must have been right. No? We could throw endless amounts of links at each other and we’re not going to even read them. What tends to happen is that each becomes more embedded in their original perspective. So...
I thought the new age of information and technology was going to be a ‘good’ thing..see us on our way to a clearer better future? We live in the mess age.
There is no real dialogue out there. Where people truly drop their assumptions. So perhaps this is a more pressing issue than it might appear to be..because if that can’t be addressed it’s ‘might is right’ all the way.

Bonkers in it.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 29, 2019, 16:26
Apr 29, 2019, 16:02
...otherwise it all gets a bit..

https://youtu.be/wTP_SdjD5ms

Each accusing the other of ‘being Donald’
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 29, 2019, 16:39
"I thought the new age of information and technology was going to be a ‘good’ thing..see us on our way to a clearer better future?"

Oh no, it's worked out that tripe has as much or more prominence than sense, it's one of the great misfortunes of the modern world, it's how we ended up with intelligent design, climate change denial, Trump and Brexit.

Personally, I'd put an IQ and Science knowledge lock on all computers.

;)
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index