Extinction Rebellion

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
GLADMAN
950 posts

Re: Extinction Rebellion
Apr 28, 2019, 19:23
riverman wrote:

Thanks for the clarification and good to hear. The language I was more annoyed by was the words used to describe Greta - a young campaigner inspired by a serious issue and having an effect (globally) is pretty inspiring. The school strikes are fantastic... we should be applauding these young people in my view.

That is a matter of perception.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 28, 2019, 19:24
"I don’t personally have any evidence and can only point to people/sources that say they have" ....

My point precisely. Why never point to sources that say the opposite?
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2019, 22:17
Apr 28, 2019, 19:26
Let’s see how far a sixteen year old anti war/land mines/carpet bombs etc protester or movement would get.
It’s their future?
‘They’d’ be acting like the Duke’s after Eddie Murphy asks them if they want him to “smash more stuff” “No!!”
“Yeah..climate change that’s fine, plays to our agenda...but don’t anybody start getting ideas about other things.”

God forbid that the enormously polluting military industrial complex should be made to clean its act up..Lets not forget the huge uptake of resources for what...? War. A peaceful planet would be a far less polluting one. But no...these wars need to be fought for your ‘security.’ (and for some to make phenomenal amounts of money) It all looks damned insecure to me.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2019, 19:54
Apr 28, 2019, 19:46
Why would I point to sources I believe to be untrue in some way? I wouldn’t know what to point to?
Equally you wouldn’t point to sources you believed to be untrue or untrustworthy.

By personally I meant the only research I’ve done is based on other people’s research. So..listening to what the people who’ve done detailed research have to say. It’s the only way I know!
I’ve heard enough thought the media about the accepted view of ‘climate change’. It doesn’t take much effort to ‘take that in’ It requires a bit of effort to search out sources that are questioning it and not making a fool of themselves with other ‘funny ideas about the way the world works’ at the same time..those that have just jumped on the ‘climate hoax bandwagon’...perhaps just so they can ‘defend it badly’ so as to discredit it.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 28, 2019, 20:02
No, you misunderstand.

"Why would I point to sources I believe to be untrue in some way"....
rather betrays that conspiracies are the explanations of first resort. (Even a young kid disgusted by climate change is being manipulated, says someone but what about Occam's razor - she's just plain disgusted, whatever some Alabamian gun rights nut up a dirt track with a website says?

;)
Amil04
447 posts

Apr 28, 2019, 20:20
You’ve lost me?! Not to worry...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 28, 2019, 20:30
I think I'm saying if there's a ‘Hidden Hand’ controlling world events we wouldn't know about it so steer clear of tatty websites who tell you there is as they have no evidence!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2019, 20:49
Apr 28, 2019, 20:43
The evidence is all around us..it’s not just on some ‘tatty’ websites. It’s here in the real world for all to see. My major point is that our perceptions of it are influenced..(influenced is too weaker word) by the whole machinery of media and politics to make things appear to be what they are not.

I think it was Tricky Dickie that said “Why won’t Americans believe anything they don’t see on the T.V.?”

..even rich twats come out with the odd truth now and again..
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 28, 2019, 20:50
The evidence is all around us..it’s not just on some ‘tatty’ websites.....

but you said you didn't have any!

I think it's more a case of belief than knowledge when it comes to conspiracies. And yes, many assertions, for instance that the moon landings never happened are entirely confined to tatty websites!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2019, 21:08
Apr 28, 2019, 21:06
Haha...I was waiting for that! According to the BBC “the race to get back to the moon has speeded up” Speeded up? Haha!?

It’s not ‘my evidence’....look at the world...it’s a mess..or so we are encouraged to believe. I believe the few are creating the mess..making huge gains and psychologically manipulating people to believe it’s for the greater good or whatever nonsense they think they can get away with..and for the people to demand it! That IS ‘1984’ Yet the frequently heard comment “it’s like 1984”has at the same time become so ‘throw away.’
Whatever we’re being told on the news is what the people in power want us to know or to believe. Do you trust them? Those that have ultimate control over populations. We are ‘taught’ to do so..it’s not a respect that would come naturally for me.

I’ll steer clear of those ‘tatty’ websites don’t you worry!
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index