Exit from Brexit Jo Cox

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 20:17
Re: Exit from Brexit Jo Cox
Mar 06, 2019, 19:49
..I did wonder..I’ll see what I can do ; )

Another bizarre fact, to me anyway..Hugh Hefner used to work for my..let me get this right..my cousins son’s wife’s grandfather. The ‘Von’ chappy. He started out in publishing so god knows how he became the head of the Naval Rocket and Fuse Plant? A man of many talents I guess..

I am a Trump supporter to be honest..

He’s loosing one frame to nil against Lisowski at the moment..looks like he’s gonna go two down!

: ))

Actually I’d rather Lisowski win but the joke (poor as it was) wouldn’t have worked.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Exit from Brexit Jo Coxit
Mar 06, 2019, 21:56
nigelswift wrote:
As for the anti vaccination industry that's mainly supported by the sort of people who voted for Trump.Now that's EVIDENCE!

Pish.

I refuse vaccines. Especially Flu Vaccines. Big Pharma not curing what cannot be prevented anyway.

My late brother who was a GP and surgeon for nearly 40 years was a great believer in refusing vaccines, strengthening our own immune systems by healthy eating, excercise and good sleep. He did not believe in routinely drugging people for diseases or conditions which the drugs did nothing to alleviate, cure or minimise.

Why do you suggest that this is the territory of Trump voters? Neither I (nor my late brother) voted for Trump. Nor would we. Nor could we - as we are not US Citizens.

You are probably a Royalist and a believer in Puppy Slaughter if similar ridiculous, out-of-nowhere assertions and accusations are to be thrown around?

Or are you just trying to derail this thread?
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 22:20
Amil04 wrote:
..and I don’t think it’s right that a doctor in the UK will get paid £8 for every flu shot they give out. A bung from the drug companies? No wonder they have banners advertising them outside surgeries come autumn.

No. I'm afraid you are completely wrong.

Each GP Prctise is paid a "capitation fee" per patient by the Govt. That is how the NHS works. The GP Practise is a business. The GPs are employed by the practise and paid out of Practise Income. The income is derived from certain block grants, capitation fees, Health Promotion Initiatives etc. Do NOT get confused with German Measles which used to be the source of german measles parties... no-one EVER wants to get (real) Measles. It is now quite rare (thankfully) and can be fatal, cause blindness and various horrors which disable for life. Thankfully through a Measles vaccination programme which has run since the 1950s we rarely see many children die of Measles any more but it still happens. Measles Death was MUCH more common before the 1950s programme started. As was the resultant blindness and brain damage.

If you think GPs should not be paid for their work... how do you think the NHS will actually run? Maybe you have never worked out how the Practise can pay its electricity bills, receptioists, staff nurses, locums etc? They are not salaries paid by the NHS. They have to be balanced out of the capitation fee per patient from NHS block grants. These capitation fees are for work ACTUALLY DONE eg. flu shots for the elderly and vulnerable children (I refuse them), kidney and liver clinics, reducing alcohol, healthy eating, walking groups, every consultation, every visit, every child development check-up, major child vaccination programmes, etc. That is how your local GP Practise gets its income.

GPs and Practises do not get paid by Pharmaceutical Companies. That is not permitted by the GTC,the NHS or any doctor in the country. Please educate yourself as to how this NHS - which you seem to not like - actually works and is paid for - by taxpayers!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 07, 2019, 09:03
Mar 06, 2019, 22:54
When did I say I didn’t like the NHS?!

I said I have “tremendous respect for people who work in the NHS..” ?..anyway thanks for that info..it’s the whole purpose of a forum..to share and be politely put right when wrong..or in my case ‘completely’ wrong. You obviously have a great deal of knowledge in this area. It was a topic that was strayed into..that I know little about. I can’t remember where I got the 8 quid from..but I wasn’t making it up..even if GP’s aren’t paid directly I’ve heard stories about expenses paid excursions..etc..by Pharma, but maybe that’s just hearsay? You would have thought they’d have come up with two very distinct names for two diseases with such dramatically different effects. I was getting them confused...( I’m actually not sure I was getting them confused..I’m confused! I was a bit taken back by HD’s response that I lost my train of thought) Of course GP’s should be paid for their work. I’d got the impression that they got a little extra for prescribing/administering certain treatments, just though discussion with people, family/friends..I’m not sure I’ve actually read anything about it anywhere. I’ve obviously been deliberately lied to again..!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 23:40
Mar 06, 2019, 23:37
Ps..

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-practice/practice-topics/practice-income/pharmacists-could-be-paid-more-for-flu-jabs-than-gp-practices-gpc-warns-/20010582.article

I guess this is where that figure came from..

I guess I’m misunderstanding the payment structure.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 07, 2019, 09:40
Mar 07, 2019, 00:41
Actually..cheers Nigel..I’m not sure I’m gonna make any more posts for a bit or at all. I find some people’s responses on here come across as rather aggressive to me and for fear of being called a snowflake I find it hurtful. Nobody’s perfect we all make mistakes..which get pounced on here. I’m sure people wouldnt talk to each other like that in real life. At least you and I don’t take ourselves toooo seriously and we manage to have a laugh whilst disagreeing. It might be better if people balanced some replies with.” I agree, I think your perhaps right on that”..but on another point I don’t think you are” but they don’t fuckin’ bother do they.

Which would you prefer to hear?

“No, I’m afraid you’re completely wrong” or “Actually that information is not correct” See the shift in focus? I don’t think I’m cut out for forums..this is my one and only venture. And being groundlessly accused of not liking the NHS..? There are many aspects about the NHS that I could question such as the total denial that any other cancer treatments apart from theirs are a fraud when some been proven to be more effective and with far fewer side effects. But basically I see the majority of people who work for the NHS as good caring souls..working hard..doing what they’re told.

Best of health to you Nigel.

So much for Jo Cox.

Anyway, people are only going to post if they think it’s a load of crap..without even watching it. Those that do watch and have some sympathy with it might not post for fear of ridicule.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 07, 2019, 10:01
Dinna heed anything on here. It's only bits and bytes.

:)
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Mar 07, 2019, 10:18
Hey Amil

I have to say I'm not sure I agree with too much of what you post - but its normally an interesting read and always courteously and politely communicated.

Its easy for 'keyboard revolutionaries' to (anonymously) strike an abrasive tone. Don't let it put you off
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Exit from Brexit Jo Coxit
Mar 07, 2019, 11:57
No. I wasn't getting at you. I was merely observing that the centre of the conspiracy and anti science industry is in America, that's all. No point being pugnacious, I don't mind these days.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 07, 2019, 11:58
Indeed, I concur, always courteously and politely communicated.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index