Exit from Brexit Jo Cox

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 07, 2019, 08:49
Re: Exit from Brexit Jo Cox
Mar 06, 2019, 11:45
I have a fascination with things that fly too..ever since my dad use to make gliders out of scrap polystyrene for me as a boy. They flew beautifully..up to a metre wingspan. He used to spend what seemed like hours in the garage at night shaping them. Rubber band powered bi-planes too. On the field with a hand drill winding them up. Little bit of fairy liquid on the rubber. Those were the days..70’s. I’m totally anti war but I have to say the Spitfire is one of the most beautiful aircraft ever made. I’m half tempted to buy something like an ‘Parrot Disco’ - used to be over a grand..now around £ 350..I love the idea of fpv flying.. no doubt more fun that a noisey quadcopter.
I believe they’ve come up with a new material for plane bodies..I think they had to work at for a while as this new material wasn’t as good with lighting strikes..Lighter and stronger than the mm thick aluminium they used to use..

; )

Why does the hum of a light aircraft on a summers day make everything seem complete?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 12:08
Amil04 wrote:
Why does the hum of a light aircraft on a summers day make every seem complete?

Ah, that'll be Darwin - survival stuff, the sound of bees in summer meadows.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 13:38
Re: Fluxes from Bruxitis Jim'll Fix It
Mar 06, 2019, 12:57
Amil04 wrote:
So what’s you’re take on it then..what’s all this stuff about why is this ‘bullshit’ being put out there?

Seriously, I would be grateful of your views on that.

Well the motivation of governments and elites is straightforward. - To maintain the status quo and to protect their interests. To suggest that powerful institutions don't do some nasty and underhand things would be naive in the extreme. But it all happens beneath the radar. That leaves a void that can be filled with anything, and people with a mind to do so can put together any old theory and find arguments to support it.

So when hearing those arguments, I have to weigh what they say against my own understanding of things. Hence rather than just follow your link, I go look at the source and extrapolate from there. It doesn't make me closed minded any more than choosing not to eat an alpaca poo and asbestos sandwich makes me closed bodied.

And there is stuff on there that I know a bit about. I'm not an expert but I've read extensively on energy issues for the last decade, and they're promoting stuff that is just wrong. To the geologist, oil is a finite non renewable resource. To the conspiracist, it's all just a ruse to enhance the power and profits of governments and oil companies. Except they don't put it quite like that. They say "Could it be that.... This one geologist says that...."

Climate change deniers use exactly the same tactics.

Could Jo Cox have been murdered by the State? Well of course she could have. Did they? I have no idea. I suspect not. Apply Occams razor.

And yes, it is a mindset, a way of looking at the world. I suspect that there is an extremely strong correlation between, for example, people that believe 9-11 was an inside job, and people that belive the government is spraying us with chemicals from aeroplanes. People that don't believe one would tend to believe neither. People that believe one would tend to believe both.

Amil04 wrote:
I know two people who are not of my ‘mindset’ who’s children directly after being vaccinated were not the same children..like a switch had been flipped. They know it was the vaccine. Ok nothing’s perfect but..why can’t the truth of the matter be found? Why aren’t people working together to sort out the facts? Vested interests. And it’s the same with everything else.

And there are now measles epidemics killing little children because of this point of view. Promoting falsehoods and half truths can be dangerous.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 07, 2019, 08:51
Mar 06, 2019, 13:15
Thank PMM, I’m wilth you at least down to half way with what you write. I’m no expert either.
I think it’s natural to want to know. Some people say one thing and some say another. Both can’t be right. So where does the truth lay? I wouldn’t call myself an active anti vaxer but there are some, professional people, that see serious problems with it. Why the fuck can’t they sort it? How did people in the past manage to survive without them? Some didn’t..that’s nature. It seems like the more disease we cure with modern methods the more disease is created ...where are all these new conditions/diseases coming from? Lifestyle? Why is illegal to attempt (and succeed) to cure (not treat ) cancer in any way other than chemo etc? It’s a business. I’m fairly convinced about that. You can’t go two steps these days without hearing that word. We see why other cures might be suppressed?

How do we know so called ‘free energy’ is bullshit..how do we know it isn’t? We can all see why such things would be suppressed. The idea of free energy as you may well know links in with 9/11.
Now when I see a building turning to dust with my own eyes, leaving a pityful rubble pile...it’s gets my attention. Tell someone in the late 1800’s about atom bombs..what do you think their reaction would be?

Forgive me, but that last bit made me feel implicated in the deaths of ‘little children’ I’m sure you didn’t mean it to come across that way...

Don’t judge a book by its cover..

I think I’ve written enough today..
Amil04
447 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 13:32
Ps..remember measles parties Nigel? I bet you do.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 13:47
Damn right I do. I also remember being given a treat when I had it - bubble mixture, and blowing bubbles full of it down to my happy, healthy friends in the street!!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 14:00
Mar 06, 2019, 14:00
Haha..that’s it..get it while it’s going round!
It’s been said that contracting a ‘disese’ like measles actually in the long run may stop a more serious condition being contracted in the future. It helps to set up the body’s natural defences. So if you don’t have the measles whilst young then you may be at a disadvantage. As far as my memory serves me this is a view held in mainstream medicine. Ask a Doctor.
I’m not saying this..but an anti vaxer would say the reports of measles epidemics were overblown pro vax propaganda. I don’t know. I personally don’t know enough..
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 14:27
"I’m not saying this..but an anti vaxer would say the reports of measles epidemics were overblown pro vax propaganda."

Well there we are. The vast majority of the world's doctors and medical professors say on balance get your child vaccinated. And then there's Name Withheld of AntiVax World.com, who says otherwise. What's a poor rational science believer to do?! ;)
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 21:23
Mar 06, 2019, 14:29
Ps..and I don’t think it’s right that a doctor in the UK will get paid £8 for every flu shot they give out. A bung from the drug companies? No wonder they have banners advertising them outside surgeries come autumn. If you’re on benefits in Australia and your child/children aren’t given all the vaccinations ‘required’ you will no longer be able to claim benefits..and restrictions will be placed on your children...that can’t be right either? It should be the parents informed choice? My sister had to have 3 weeks of work after a flu jab..she’s NHS so ‘had’ to have it. They’ve made my mum ill too. Some years ago a batch of 100,000 flu shots were found to contain live swine flu virus. This was only picked up after they’d left the drug company premises. Found through random testing in another lab. In the mainstream again..briefly.

If you want a flu shot, it’s your choice. I’m just sayin’ what I’ve read. For some I’m sure it works? Not for me ta.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 14:35
Amil04 wrote:
..and I don’t think it’s right that a doctor in the UK will get paid £8 pounds for every flu shot they give out. A bung from the drug companies? No wonder they have banners advertising them outside surgeries come autumn. If your on benefits in Australia and your child/children aren’t given all the vaccinations ‘required’ you will lose you benefits..and have restrictions placed on your children...that can’t be right either. It should be the parents informed choice?

That's very American sounding - they're pro-vac as they get £8 a time. No they're pro-vac as they're rational.

And the Aussies - lose their benefits if you don't take your kid to be vaccinated. Sounds good to me. Parents shouldn't choose not to - nor to deprive their children of education or any medical treatment. Terrible parenting. Lock 'em up.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index