Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 155 56 57 58 59 60 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3590 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Mar 22, 2019, 21:25
Gladwin wrote:

This whole process has been unimaginably depressing turning into a waking nightmare. Here is a ray of light. Just signed and will share elsewhere.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1639 posts

Edited Mar 26, 2019, 14:40
Mar 26, 2019, 13:59
What's all this I hear about the UK Economy diversifying into non-psychoactive voluntary youth group middle class medicine provision?

Weed may be legal in the US, but to us it's just something you smoke from 4.20 to Mayday.

(Ras Putin and the Brexit Dreadlock)

Cx

hey! I've got a joke for you now, it's a Norfolk Literary Society Repurposed For Your Entertainment Phillip K Dick Rip Off Monty Python Joke,

hey! What if Hadrian's Wall became a series of automated statutory instruments designed to keep out the insurance policies of long abandonned Dutch farmlands?

hey! Why does a German flight get redirected to Edinburgh for news purposes? Because the captain was actually either:

a) the King of Holland
b) the King of Holland listening to Iron Maiden
c) the lead singer of Iron Maiden
d) the lead singer of Iron Maiden in negotiations with the King of Holland
e) the King of Holland in negotiations with the lead singer of Iron Maiden in a Kevin Bacon fronted advert for KLM featuring the music of Iron Maiden, using the EE Network which was renamed from Orange because of all the negative press it had been receiving for being Orange
f) none of the above
zzz34) Donald Trump and Vince Cable sitting in a tree, after Brexit has been a success

hope dies internal
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1639 posts

Edited Mar 26, 2019, 15:40
Mar 26, 2019, 15:36
Now I know you've all been hearing the Rees-Moggs and the Moggpods or whatever, but have you heard the new Adam Buxton song?

"Potty Politics,
Potty Politics,
pull down your nappy and do potty politics,

Potty Politics,
Potty Politics,
stick your nappy in a pot,
wait for your rivers to clot,

potty politics."

Ah, such a genius pisstake, like that fake Noel Fielding they have on the Sky Bingo ads.

Cx
nigelswift
8067 posts

Almost lost unless....
Mar 27, 2019, 18:07
1. Corbyn tries really hard to stop his leavers voting for her (unlikely)

2. She gives DUP a hidden promise of a £3bn bung (almost certain)

3. Bercow says fuck off. (Perhaps, but who knows, might he suddenly get ill?)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6103 posts

Re: Almost lost unless....
Mar 27, 2019, 21:53
nigelswift wrote:
1. Corbyn tries really hard to stop his leavers voting for her (unlikely)

2. She gives DUP a hidden promise of a £3bn bung (almost certain)

3. Bercow says fuck off. (Perhaps, but who knows, might he suddenly get ill?)

1. Not enough of them will vote for the deal to counter DUP/Tory rebels.

2. DUP have said "No".

3. Quite possible, unless the deal is changed (which the EU won't agree to).

Hilarious that Boris has decided that the worst deal ever, which is like a "suicide vest", will leave us as a "vassal state" and which he certainly could never back if the DUP were against it, is suddenly perfectly okay now. Could it be a coincidence that this sudden change of heart has come at the same time as his path to leadership has been re-opened?

But wait, the DUP have now said they won't back it (nor will they abstain). What's a principled person to do? Questions, questions.

What a shower of cunts.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6103 posts

Indicative votes Round 1
Mar 27, 2019, 22:21
No outright majority for anything, but clearly no appetite for No Deal, Malthouse, or EFTA/EEA.

From @kraft_mk on Twitter:

Tried this.
- Sorted by "Indicative difference."

008 Customs Union 264-272
027 Referendum 268-295
070 Labour Plan - 237-307
095 Common Market 2.0 - 188-283
110 Revoke A50 - 184-294
240 No deal - 160-400
283 Malthouse - 139-422
312 Efta/EEA 65-377
nigelswift
8067 posts

Edited Mar 27, 2019, 23:56
Re: Indicative votes Round 1
Mar 27, 2019, 23:48
Or, sorted purely by popularity, Referendum is in the lead.

Who'd have thought it, "Do no harm to the country" is the most popular choice!

And it was outvoted by 27 Labour MPs, deciding they had to hurt their constituents because their constituents asked them to.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6103 posts

Mar 28, 2019, 06:14
It will only take 14 MPs to back it on Monday to give it a majority. The process is working as intended so far.
nigelswift
8067 posts

Mar 28, 2019, 07:03
Yes I'm kind of more hopeful, since the DUP said they won't play. But our Therasa wouldn't be our Theresa if she hadn't said she didn't care how the votes went. Ditto Andrea Leadsom. Is it just me or do you find her scary? I've never been a fan since she said she was going to bring back fox hunting "to improve animal welfare".
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1639 posts

Mar 28, 2019, 16:16
I suppose everybody saying how sick of the whole debate they are now maybe outside of potential independent inquiries into the whole debacle spare a thought for the amount of untaxed advertising revenue generated through the online coverage of a perpetual political flipflop machine!

Cx
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 155 56 57 58 59 60 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index