Register
U-Know! Forum »
Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 149 50 51 52 53 54 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: "The Queen's most excellent majesty in Council" ..
Aug 29, 2019, 08:42
Hands up who remembers seeing this on a ballot paper in 2016? I do remember a load of twaddle about 'taking back control' though.

This is pissing me off so much now I've even rejoined a political party!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 29, 2019, 10:07
Corbyn and MacDonald are unelectable and untrustworthy and the Libs, even if electable, couldn't be because of the electoral system, so where does a sane person go?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Tom Watson:
Aug 29, 2019, 11:49
Tom Watson
1 hr ·

Amber Rudd: “The most extraordinary idea I’ve ever heard.”
Sajid Javid: "You can't just shut down parliament."
Matt Hancock: "The end of the Conservative Party as a serious party of government."
Michael Gove: “It would not be true to the best traditions of British democracy.”
Nicky Morgan: “Clearly a mad idea.”

All five now serve as cabinet ministers in Boris Johnson's - carrying out the anti-democratic onslaught on our constitution that they have so recently condemned. They should resign.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Someone's lying
Aug 30, 2019, 08:45
The government said: "We want to reassure patients that our plans should ensure that supplies of vaccines remain uninterrupted when we leave the EU on 31 October, whatever the circumstances."

Prof Andrew Goddard, president of the Royal College of Physicians: "What we can see is we're likely to not have enough flu vaccine".
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 30, 2019, 17:51
nigelswift wrote:
Corbyn and MacDonald are unelectable and untrustworthy and the Libs, even if electable, couldn't be because of the electoral system, so where does a sane person go?

Sadly, as with all elections, people tend to switch to form. I'm in Wales so at least we have Plaid. There's huge problems with our outdated electoral system, which I'd say goes some way to people believing there's no point in voting for anyone else.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Sep 01, 2019, 09:22
BBC radio late afternoon news: "several thousand" (only) protestors are in London. BBC radio early evening news: one vox pop only from the streets - a Brexiter.

Who is behind this? It reminds me of the up to 2 million people march in London against going to war with Iraq, minimised by the Beeb and reported in the US as 100,000. How many people did that lie kill?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Says it all....
Sep 07, 2019, 15:20
Twitter:

#DeathbyBrexit
nigelswift
8112 posts

Avoid Wetherspoons!
Sep 13, 2019, 20:10
https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/15/wetherspoons-profits-drop-19-boss-blaming-remainers-8911577/?ito=article.desktop.share.top.twitter
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Avoid Wetherspoons!
Sep 14, 2019, 15:57
Probably since he banned dogs. Obviously nothing brexit related!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Wow
Sep 18, 2019, 09:27
Nick Boles MP
@NickBoles
"Johnson’s media cheerleaders are openly discussing the idea of supporting a Withdrawal Agreement to avoid being forced by the Benn Act to request an extension and then frustrating passage of the implementing legislation by proroguing Parliament again.

Knowing that there is no limit to the cynicism or dupliicity of Johnson and Cummings, I will not vote for any revised Withdrawal Agreement until after Article 50 has been extended and the threat of No Deal Brexit on 31 Oct removed. No MP should trust this Prime Minister. END"
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 149 50 51 52 53 54 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index