U-Know! Forum »
Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 149 50 51 52 53 54 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
veneta1
223 posts

Re: The Beeb up to its tricks again
May 29, 2019, 10:50
Jim, I absolutely agree with what you've written. Excellent summation if I may say so.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of the idea that one persons ignorance is equal to another persons understanding. As you say, the idea that leaving the EU would be a positive move is not a political position, it's just wrong. And the idea that our next Prime Minister will be chosen by 100,000 of the most conservative (with a small C), selfish, financially comfortable, xenophobes with an average age of 72 doesn't bear thinking about.

What a time to be alive.
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 29, 2019, 11:03
"conservative (with a small C), selfish, financially comfortable, xenophobes with an average age of 72"

The thing is, I'm none of those except the last, and more to the point not a single one of my friends of that age is other than appalled by even the mildest Brexit. I guess I chose the right friends.

So what we have here is an army of 72-year-old ill-informed people who read the Daily Mail. It's the Mail wot won it.
Dunno why I mentioned that, as everyone here know it, other than to point out that some 72-year-olds are fine. ;)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
May 30, 2019, 15:04
Brilliant:

Jess Phillips
@jessphillips
·
17m
Is there anything worse than a beauty parade of politicians saying stupid stuff To appeal to 100,000 ageing right-wingers. In the process of this leadership race the country will be dragged back to the standards of a masonic lodge in Bury St Edmunds.
veneta1
223 posts

May 31, 2019, 12:17
I'm with you on choosing the right friends. I often feel that I'm surrounded by people who have similar views to my own and therefore I live in a left leaning bubble. Then I remember that I get enough of the other side from TV, news media and social media.

It's good to know that not all us old farts (I'm mid sixties) fit the current narrative of what we're thought to be.
nigelswift
8112 posts

As rare as hens teeth
Jun 02, 2019, 09:28
A Tory doing right instead of what's right for himself

Sam Gyimah standing on a second referendum platform.

The only one out of 13.
nigelswift
8112 posts

So it's to end up exactly as expected
Jun 26, 2019, 08:32
Dominic Raab: "If we end up on WTO terms it will be the EU’s choice’"

So there we go, as predicted here three years ago. Europe demonised, and when the Brexit supporting utter shits lose their jobs and benefits they'll be told it's Europe's fault.
nigelswift
8112 posts

There's something wrong
Jul 04, 2019, 08:51
.... when a country's leadership can be decided by dog whistling a few tens of thousands of really nasty people who want fox hunting brought back.....
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Edited Jul 04, 2019, 12:48
Re: There's something wrong
Jul 04, 2019, 10:28
..and all that BBC hustings coverage given to that tiny minority to help them decide between Mr Nasty and Mr Nasty. I read a bit of Max Hastings analysis of Bojo ...all the traits behind the bumbly facade of a psychopath. And all those spending promises when Hammond has said the money isn't there. How many of that tiny membership, many of whom will be dead in ten years, will actually vote? And how many more times will the EU hierarchy say that there will be no renegotiation? YCNMIU. UK, soon to become the 52nd state of the Union...if it isn't already.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: There's something wrong
Jul 04, 2019, 18:00
I can't get the video to start, but I'm hoping this will be worth the wait...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-hunt-fox-hunting-ban-vote-tory-leadership-contest-boris-johnson-a8987531.html
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Just when you think things can't sink any lower...
Jul 04, 2019, 18:46
here comes Ann Widdecombe

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/04/ann-widdecombe-likens-brexit-to-emancipation-of-slaves
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 149 50 51 52 53 54 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index