Re: tescos
Dec 07, 2005, 13:48
Hilarious!
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Dec 07, 2005, 14:08
hmm, kinda reminds me of the way that people who sneak meat into veggies' meals feel this proves a point as the veggies didn't spot it.

It's not the calibre of the food that's being criticised, and much of it is surely delicious. But that's a totally separate argument from whether the company's actions and effects are justifiable or preferable to other ways of doing things.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Dec 07, 2005, 20:54
Must be lemon's back. ;^D
dee
1955 posts

Dec 08, 2005, 12:20
I agree, fuck 'em
copefan
copefan
214 posts

Dec 19, 2005, 22:37
if you are gonna slag tesco's off, then why not all the supermarkets and high street chains and anyone else that works hard to make something............ Just because they are good at what they do!

I always thought thats what we all tried to do... be the best we can!

And Dee do you think its cool to shoplift!

Fucking arsehole........ your the kind of scum that puts an extra penny on items every year and make it harder for us honest people to survive....... grow up will you!
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Dec 20, 2005, 08:45
Are you not missing the point. Do you really think there should be no limits (moral, environmental or whatever) on what people are allowed to do in the pursuit of accumulating as much cash as possible? Every penny Tescos manages to razor off their products, some poor farmer somewhere has to tighten their belt (or worse, goes bankrupt). When they stock a product, the production of which has some bad knock-on effect on the environment, and you unthinkingly buy it, you are encouraging that destruction. Tescos or direct from the farmer's market - what's better for your health, the environment, the community?
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Dec 20, 2005, 08:48
Oh forget it I thought you were making a serious point. But I see your answer to another topic is "Fuck off and get a life".
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Dec 20, 2005, 10:33
Your points are valid but, as Copefan points out, they are equally valid when applied to every other supermarket chain. I don't believe that Tesco are any better or worse ethically than anyone else except for Walmart who, by all accounts ARE worse than all the rest.

I speak from having been involved for a number of years in supplying Sainsbury, Tesco, Homebase and Boots.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Dec 20, 2005, 10:40
As far as high street supermarkets go, the Co-op rank a bit better than most.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Dec 20, 2005, 10:46
Indeed the coop does. I wasn't referring just to Tescos anyway, I think the whole idea of faceless and enormous companies is an obvious route to social and environmental irresponsibility.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index