Pages: 44 – [ Previous | 119 20 21 22 23 24 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Trethevy Quoit in danger
Mar 08, 2013, 17:18
bladup wrote:

Any info on it's movement from him Roy? did he have any thoughts? i do realise it would probably be foolish for him to comment over the computer but it may have been that obvious to him, if you'd like to keep it to yourself i'd understand that as well.

It was too far back for him to remember if there was contact at the time between the two stones I mentioned to him Paul. He was very generous in allowing me to use his Trethevy ground plan in my upcoming Tome and also very appreciative of Jamie making the initial contact for me. Thank you Jamie.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 17:25
Yes my idea to contact him, Jamie having the E-mail address and you doing the contact is this forum at it's best i'd say, and you get a nice plan for your book, great stuff : > }
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 17:30
He did miss out the padstone which Dymond didn't .
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 17:32
Indeed, showing how we can all work together successfully at times. Just as well as I didn't realise he was still about, so thank you as well Paul.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Mar 08, 2013, 17:56
Mar 08, 2013, 17:47
tiompan wrote:

Which is strange in as he'd have surely seen the Dymond plan before doing his, why do you think he missed it? and which stone is the padstone as the plans have the same amount of stones?
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

OT
Mar 08, 2013, 17:51
harestonesdown wrote:
Apologies if this has been covered before but who/what is "The Heritage Trust" ? I'm lost with all these societies and trusts etc that post on here, is it an arm of heritage action ? or something totally different ?

As a member of HA I can confirm "The Heritage Trust" is nothing to do with us despite apparent similarities. When Littlestone left HA last year, he set up the Trust.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: OT
Mar 08, 2013, 17:58
juamei wrote:
When Littlestone left HA last year

The year before last.
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 17:59
juamei wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Apologies if this has been covered before but who/what is "The Heritage Trust" ? I'm lost with all these societies and trusts etc that post on here, is it an arm of heritage action ? or something totally different ?

As a member of HA I can confirm "The Heritage Trust" is nothing to do with us despite apparent similarities. When Littlestone left HA last year, he set up the Trust.

Ah. Cheers for that Jamie. It just helps you know what to expect when you know who's involved these events, if you know what i mean.
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 18:03
nigelswift wrote:
juamei wrote:
When Littlestone left HA last year

The year before last.

How time flies!! In my defence I've had about two hours sleep in that time (or so it seems)...
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Mar 08, 2013, 18:06
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:

Which is strange in as he'd have surely seen the Dymond plan before doing his, why do you think he missed it? and which stone is the padstone?

He may have thought it unimportant but they are relatively common in portal tombs . I mentioned it a few posts ago , mainly because it's only noticeable on a few of the pics eg 68 &73, there is another pic where it is clearer but I couldn't find it after a quick look .
Pages: 44 – [ Previous | 119 20 21 22 23 24 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index