Trethevy Quoit »
Who's going to be there this weekend?

Pages: 16 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stonefree
68 posts

Who's going to be there this weekend?
Apr 22, 2011, 14:14
I'm hoping to be there on Sunday afternoon with Dave Kane, perhaps on Monday as well. We're not tech savvy enough to be able to keep you all updated via mobile web devices, but we'll be spending plenty of time there!

Looking forward to meeting whoever turns up :)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Who's going to be there this weekend?
Apr 22, 2011, 15:15
stonefree wrote:
I'm hoping to be there on Sunday afternoon with Dave Kane, perhaps on Monday as well. We're not tech savvy enough to be able to keep you all updated via mobile web devices, but we'll be spending plenty of time there!

Looking forward to meeting whoever turns up :)

I'm coming over at some time during the long weekend but don't know when yet, could be any day. I have to take some sheepdog training lessons at various times during each day of the holiday break so it will be a case of geting out when I can but fortunately just up the road for me. Who do I look out for, a couple of nerdy looking techno boys or some out and out dyed in the wool stonies? (fit your own descriptions to that) :D
Horsedrawn
55 posts

Apr 22, 2011, 15:23
Keep your eye out for a couple of reductive stereotypes.
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Apr 22, 2011, 15:38
Can you take a ruler? And measure the two sides of the chipped out hole. If you post a result I'll give you an original theory.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Apr 22, 2011, 16:13
Horsedrawn wrote:
Keep your eye out for a couple of reductive stereotypes.

For a moment there I thought you said seductive stereotypes!! If you look out for a bronzed 6' 3" athletic looking type with dark hair and a roguish look about him...that'll be my mate! I'll probably be wearing a red hoodie, blue jeans and a red Isle of Man TT races cap to cover my bald head and cameras slung all over me!! Oh and a tape measure to measure that hole...as long as I can stand on your shoulders that is!!
I'll probably also bring along the 20ft pole I use to take aerial photos with which normally gives the locals a laugh!
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Apr 22, 2011, 16:17
StoneGloves wrote:
Can you take a ruler? And measure the two sides of the chipped out hole. If you post a result I'll give you an original theory.

As the quoit is also known as the 'Giants house' don't tell me he used to wear the capstone around his neck and threaded the chain through it!! :D
stonefree
68 posts

Apr 22, 2011, 16:51
Oh, you'll know us... but if not, we'll know you! ;)
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Apr 22, 2011, 16:53
"As the quoit is also known as the 'Giants house' don't tell me he used to wear the capstone around his neck and threaded the chain through it!!"

No, it's more revolutionary than that!
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Apr 22, 2011, 17:11
stonefree wrote:
Oh, you'll know us... but if not, we'll know you! ;)

Oh and I forgot all about my real mate Chief my four-legged stonehead Border Collie companion. White and black smooth coat he is so you'll spot him first. And for some reason he always gets to the stones first!! :D
Horsedrawn
55 posts

Apr 22, 2011, 17:48
Come on lets have the original theory now. I showed you mine. Show me yours. Is it the one about using the aperture to calculate the true size of the earth and the distance from the sun?
Pages: 16 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index