This topic is locked

Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 137 38 39 40 41 42 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mustard
1043 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jul 01, 2007, 15:51
Toxic Delerium wrote:
oh we've spoken, although my wife did have to remind me who you were.
not very memorable really.

What is it about the internet that makes people think that pointlessly abusing each other is a valuable use of their time? Guys, life's too short. Get out and do something that's actually fun. The internet really does seem to bring out the worst in people.
slumpystones
769 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:51
Toxic Delerium wrote:
slumpystones wrote:
Toxic Delerium wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
and know you for what you really are.........

Crumbs! What's that?

well i wouldnt use the term sincere beliefs.
ALSO since Avebury was a social backwater until the 1960's , some of the families at the school have lived in the area for millenia, and maybe even helped in the building of Silbury hill. I'm sure they are far more qualified than you to offer an opinion, on what goes on regarding the hill.
Im sorry but i hate bullshit pseudo intellectual tossers, trying to do down what is meant as a local and friendly gesture of love.

This is deserving of a bwahahaha IMO.

Since the 50's people have become more mobile, have moved away from their place of birth, left relatives scattered countrywide. My grandfather helped build the new London Bridge, but it doesn't qualify me to hold an opinion on it, decide who crosses it, or to do a U-turn if I want to... My father imported every Toyota car in this country, doesn't mean I know how to drive one/work on one/speak Japanese...

Let me guess...your relatives were all abusive ignorami, giving you the right to be the same?

well jump in your Toyota and take a long drive off a short pier...

Is that "Well" or "We'll" ? If the latter, please do!
slumpystones
769 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:53
Toxic Delerium wrote:
i agree, that would have been a pretty good way of dealing with such a sensitive issue, but yet again ,on this site, the messanger gets shot.
Im only sticking up for my wife and family.

So yet again it's an emotional response!!!

Jeez...
slumpystones
769 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:55
Mustard wrote:
Toxic Delerium wrote:
oh we've spoken, although my wife did have to remind me who you were.
not very memorable really.

What is it about the internet that makes people think that pointlessly abusing each other is a valuable use of their time? Guys, life's too short. Get out and do something that's actually fun. The internet really does seem to bring out the worst in people.

It gives those who want to shout and scream the perfect opportunity to do so with little in the way of retribution.

Most of those white-knucklers sit there grinding their teeth and foaming at the mouth, then spurt it all out in one go, no punctuation, like a single-sentence rant.
Toxic Delerium
17 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:59
Retribution. Im in Avebury most days. I dont need to hide anywhere.
Mustard
1043 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 16:00
Toxic Delerium wrote:
Retribution. Im in Avebury most days. I dont need to hide anywhere.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Sigh.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 16:03
What is it about the internet that makes people think that pointlessly abusing each other is a valuable use of their time? Guys, life's too short.

Mustard, I don't think this is a case of two people abusing each other, as you'll see from re-reading the exchange. I think I might qualify for a TMA medal for restraint.

Toxic, I can only reiterate I don't recall ever speaking to you and find it hard to believe I ever said anything in the Lion that could lead you to say what you have. As for Avebury and the children, it was I who proposed at a very early stage that if any civilians were allowed in the tunnel it should be the Avebury youngsters.

I oppose the TC for reasons I've laid out and am entitled, I suppose.
Mustard
1043 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 16:05
nigelswift wrote:

Mustard, I don't think this is a case of two people abusing each other, as you'll see from re-reading the exchange. I think I might qualify for a TMA medal for restraint.

I don't think you've provoked the guy. But sometimes it's better to just drop it and walk away.
Toxic Delerium
17 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 16:08
i gotta be honest. I dont wanna argue with people i thought shared a love of all things ancient and interesting . I understand your love, and i DO understand your concerns.
Lets lose the eliteism , and i'm sure we can all get along fine.
Toxic Delerium
17 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 16:09
i may be a Scouser , but i'm not a car thief. Only Radios. Only joking.
Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 137 38 39 40 41 42 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index