Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 136 37 38 39 40 41 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jul 01, 2007, 15:38
well said!
(You'll start them off bashing the villagers again now)
Are you coming to the outreach days?
PeteG
slumpystones
769 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:40
Toxic Delerium wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
and know you for what you really are.........

Crumbs! What's that?

well i wouldnt use the term sincere beliefs.
ALSO since Avebury was a social backwater until the 1960's , some of the families at the school have lived in the area for millenia, and maybe even helped in the building of Silbury hill. I'm sure they are far more qualified than you to offer an opinion, on what goes on regarding the hill.
Im sorry but i hate bullshit pseudo intellectual tossers, trying to do down what is meant as a local and friendly gesture of love.

This is deserving of a bwahahaha IMO.

Since the 50's people have become more mobile, have moved away from their place of birth, left relatives scattered countrywide. My grandfather helped build the new London Bridge, but it doesn't qualify me to hold an opinion on it, decide who crosses it, or to do a U-turn if I want to... My father imported every Toyota car in this country, doesn't mean I know how to drive one/work on one/speak Japanese...

Let me guess...your relatives were all abusive ignorami, giving you the right to be the same?
Toxic Delerium
17 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:41
Yeah, and the problem with the vast majority of people on this site, is that a person tries to share one of the most wonderful days they have had , with people they think will appreciate it, and whaddaya get
instant backlash just add bullshit.
Toxic Delerium
17 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2007, 15:44
Jul 01, 2007, 15:43
slumpystones wrote:
Toxic Delerium wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
and know you for what you really are.........

Crumbs! What's that?

well i wouldnt use the term sincere beliefs.
ALSO since Avebury was a social backwater until the 1960's , some of the families at the school have lived in the area for millenia, and maybe even helped in the building of Silbury hill. I'm sure they are far more qualified than you to offer an opinion, on what goes on regarding the hill.
Im sorry but i hate bullshit pseudo intellectual tossers, trying to do down what is meant as a local and friendly gesture of love.

This is deserving of a bwahahaha IMO.

Since the 50's people have become more mobile, have moved away from their place of birth, left relatives scattered countrywide. My grandfather helped build the new London Bridge, but it doesn't qualify me to hold an opinion on it, decide who crosses it, or to do a U-turn if I want to... My father imported every Toyota car in this country, doesn't mean I know how to drive one/work on one/speak Japanese...

Let me guess...your relatives were all abusive ignorami, giving you the right to be the same?

well jump in your Toyota and take a long drive off a short pier...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:44
Thanks.
"Bullshit pseudo intellectual tosser" certainly clarifies your opinion of me splendidly, for which I'm grateful.

Your view may well be right, one of my kids said something similar when drunk. But strangely, I don't recall ever speaking to you so I'm not sure how you formed your view. (Although, I think I have chatted briefly to Scousemaiden a couple of times and found her very friendly and very sympathetic towards the HA meetings that were going on there.)
Toxic Delerium
17 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:45
yeah
Toxic Delerium
17 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:47
oh we've spoken, although my wife did have to remind me who you were.
not very memorable really.
rammie
31 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:48
I'm sure the kids (and adults) loved their day, and to be honest who wouldn't have? But would it have been any less a day if they'd just talked about TC's (been shown the Mereweather one) and then said but nowadays we don't do that on protected sites? They could still have made one for their school?

I think its a big cock-up on the part of EH (again, sigh) and particularly poorly handled (again, sigh).
slumpystones
769 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:50
Toxic Delerium wrote:
Yeah, and the problem with the vast majority of people on this site, is that a person tries to share one of the most wonderful days they have had , with people they think will appreciate it, and whaddaya get
instant backlash just add bullshit.

But with added punctuation to make up for the lack of grammar elsewhere?
Toxic Delerium
17 posts

Jul 01, 2007, 15:50
i agree, that would have been a pretty good way of dealing with such a sensitive issue, but yet again ,on this site, the messanger gets shot.
Im only sticking up for my wife and family.
Pages: 67 – [ Previous | 136 37 38 39 40 41 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index