Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Graffiti at WKLB.
Apr 05, 2005, 10:47
> You my friend are not worth my time.

Aw, and I was sooo looking forward to an informed discussion on this!

It was not I, "friend", who mentioned the BNP in the first place - I was just pointing out the fact that although you go out of your way (but seemingly only on your own uninspiring website) to mention you are NOT using to describe the nazi symbol, you are quick to point out that it could have been them wot done it! Amazing.

So - I thought I'd pick up on it to hear what you thought. Simple as that.

But seeing as you seem happy for people to assume it could have been either you OR the BNP that drew them, then I assume you're happy with the association. You keep the stigma if you like. But you'll not make yourself popular with ANYONE drawing your nazi symbols where they're not wanted! And neither will the BNP!

G x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Apr 05, 2005, 10:49
> but i did find some badly drawn number fours

That's what I saw at Waylands Smithy! It looked like a child had drawn them, if I remember... It looke dto me that someone had attempted to number the stones, but the number 4 appeared on all of them!

Weirdos...

G x
nigelswift
8112 posts

BNP blameless
Apr 05, 2005, 11:09
Just a word in support of the BNP here, since they seem to be being unjustly characterised as being on the same level as Mike.

They've given up the use of the swastika, on the grounds they recognise it upsets people. So, if any of their members flaunt swastikas I suppose they'd say that was not with their approval and was the act of people simply wanting to shock and draw attention to themselves.

Terrible, isn't it Mike.
Sifaka
34 posts

Re: BNP blameless
Apr 05, 2005, 19:44
Mike, from what I have seen of your site, no, I don't think you are a Nazi. But surely you must have realised that your use of the swastika would be offensive and upsetting to many people? It may be that the association this symbol has (with the ideology that was responsible for the deaths of so many millions) is too strong for it to be 'reclaimed' in any way.
wolfnighthunter
wolfnighthunter
588 posts

Apr 05, 2005, 19:48
I think we should get Simon Wiesenthal on the case...
.do these morons know what they are doing?...do they have a single brain cell between there ears?..
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Apr 05, 2005, 21:19
You were doing reasonably well, right up until:

"just as it has all been written in prophecy"
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Apr 05, 2005, 21:43
I knew you were going to say that! ;)
PeteG

"I wouldn't believe in anything if it wasn't for my lucky astrology mood watch!" (Steve Martin)
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Apr 05, 2005, 22:22
Baaa!

Seriously though, I appreciate what the swastika is. I understand that it is sacred, but I just don't think it should be added to places where it has no place. If I daubed a Star of David on the door of a Cathedral, I'd be doing the something similar. It's not what it is that upsets me, but where it's being put.

That's my perspective Mike.

K x
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Apr 05, 2005, 22:28
And an extremely valid objection it is too!
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Moth
Apr 06, 2005, 01:41
Hope you had a Great Birthday.
PeteG

Ps. Don't ever piss your lady off! :)
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index