This topic is locked

Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: wot message!?
Apr 06, 2005, 08:48
> No, it's just easier to slag me off isn't it!

OK - educate us. We all KNOW what the swastika means/meant - it's a very basic shape and yes - of COURSE it was used pre-nazi!

I'm curious - Under what/whose authority are you working? Who is your god? I'm not having a dig, I'm genuinely curious...

G x
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: Graffiti at WKLB.
Apr 06, 2005, 09:19
Oh go on, I give up. Please tell me or else my past 20 odd years interest in neolithic sites will have been wasted!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Reclaiming unacceptable symbols
Apr 06, 2005, 09:24
Well said Goffik.

Although it seems evident that Mr Croley is intent on insulting people, and revelling in attention. Just like any kid who scribbles a swastika on the school toilet wall. They do it for kicks. Mr. Croley's dislaimer is but an irritant, his effect is just the same. Screaming for attention via the defacing of the sacred is an old, old ploy.
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 09:33
I know there are alternate meanings - but you deliberately choose to ignore my point that you use the symbol because it is controversial........no-one would even be speaking about you if not for the swastika's negative connotations!!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 09:39
"If you were to educate yourself about the swastika you would no longer find it offensive."
Listen, if you were to go to certain stone circles or places that *I* have a deep resonance and/or attachemnt to, and scribble the word PEACE or AUM on it, then I would STILL find it offensive. The point you miss is this:

You don't own our heritage. It is ours to enjoy, including you. But not yours to deface because you have voices in your head.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: BNP blameless
Apr 06, 2005, 09:39
"One young Lady, 18yrs I guess called me a Nazi. Like most of you, she clearly remembered what she had learnt in school. What a shame our education system doesn't tell us the rest!"

How true. What a shame we aren't all enlightened by the true version of history written by your mate Eyke:

"I strongly believe that a small Jewish clique which has contempt for the mass of Jewish people worked with non-Jews to create the First World War, the Russian Revolution, and the Second World War. This Jewish/non-Jewish Elite used the First World War to secure the Balfour Declaration and the principle of the Jewish State of Israel (for which, given the genetic history of most Jewish people, there is absolutely no justification on historical grounds or any other). They then dominated the Versailles Peace Conference and created the circumstances which made the Second World War inevitable. They financed Hitler to power in 1933 and made the funds available for his rearmament."

Demonising a small and unspecified group of Jews IS anti-Semitic. Combat 18 and other neo Nazi groups quote his words, and throw bombs. You support him, and flaunt your swastika. You can "think" what you like Mike but in terms of the damage you do you ARE a crappy little self important nazi.

Now, that I could stomach, just about. But the fact that this evil clique of Jews are actually carrying out the orders of alien reptiles, well…

BTW, when you next go to Avebury with your huge swastika of peace, let us know. My two sons, good hearted lads of few words and totalling nearly 13 ft are anxious to sit at your feet and learn the Truth.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 10:32
Yeah! Let's DO IT!!!!!!
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 10:59
'If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise,
we don't believe in it at all.' -Noam Chomsky

Gosh, that's a beautiful quote and one I wholeheartedly subscribe to.

There's a bloke from some ancient death-cult who stands on the main street here and reads passages from the bible. He tells me I am damned, that I am a sinner and unless I let Jesus, Son of God, into my life I will burn forever. I find his threats pretty offensive. But I tolerate it, because unbelievably this threatening behaviour is accepted by our society.

I don't, however, believe that this statement gives you the right to make chalk marks of any kind on ancient monument. EVER. I do believe that this gives you the right to go to Avebury and display a big flag. If the flag has something upon it likely to offend a lot of people, for example, the word 'cunt', a giant photograph of a penis, a swastika, then it is up to the individual displaying the flag to face the consequences.

Which is exactly what you're having to do now. I guess its a price we pay for freedom of expression.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 11:11
"'If we don't believe in freedom of expression
for people we despise,
we don't believe in it at all.'"

I quoted that to one of my sons and he said to tell you "bollocks".
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 11:15
"why bother beating my head against the wall "

To stop the mysterious voices?

To try and make people go away?

To prove that there is feeling there?

I don't know, I give up, tell us?
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index