This topic is locked

Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
treaclechops
treaclechops
378 posts

Re: Graffiti at WKLB.
Apr 01, 2005, 18:31
Hmmm . . . . Kate says that's a very grey area, but she'll ask CPS lawyer on Tuesday, so that it's straight from the horse's mouth.

Watch this space . . .

treaclechops x
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Apr 01, 2005, 20:44
Cheers TC, that would be useful :)

I'll keep me eyes peeled.
follow that cow
follow that cow
277 posts

Apr 01, 2005, 23:01
scene: 30,000BC - Lascaux, France.

"If I've told you once ...... stop drawing on those bloody walls!", says Daddy Meso.

"I told you not give him that charcoal for Beltane", interrupts Mummy Meso.

Just goes to show though, some natural writing products, in the right enviroment, will last a very long time.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 02, 2005, 12:06
That seems to be dead right Mike -
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:srTl4zb2qNMJ:www.bnp.org.uk/reg_showarticle.php%3FcontentID%3D165+bnp+avebury&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

As someone who HASN'T accused you though, I have zero sympathy for the fact you've been under suspicion.

TWICE you've been asked on Meg Portal if you had marked stones. The first time you said "Yes" and only later deigned to explain Yes actually meant No in your own private terminology. The second time you were asked to "sort things out in a jiffy" by saying you hadn't been in Avebury that weekend. You point blank refused.

So what's your beef?
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Apr 04, 2005, 18:40
> Last Saturday someone I [...] claimed they saw the BNP at Avebury for the Spring equinox.

The BNP? Hang on... are you trying to say the swastika has nazi connotations? Well, I never!

> a VERY big ;o) <

G x
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Apr 04, 2005, 19:57
Whatever the hindu origins of the swastika symbol (and I have seen it in wide use on temples throughout the subcontinent) in the European context it takes on other -deeply offensive -connotations.

Whether you were the one who chalked it or not this time, mike croley, you appear to have a record of making unacceptible graffiti on prehistoric monuments. If this is the case, all I can say is this: shame on you, mike croley. A grown man, I presume. You should know better. And if I see you doing it any time when I'm out there among the stones, you better run like crazy, cos I'll tear your balls off with my teeth in seconds.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Apr 04, 2005, 20:28
>cos I'll tear your balls off with my teeth in seconds.

Bloody Ell! I hope I'm there to film it!
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Apr 04, 2005, 20:42
I once saw a 14-year-old girl castrate a bull with her teeth. True. It all happened so fast and, frankly, I was too surprised to take a photograph. God only knows what the bull thought.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Apr 04, 2005, 20:50
What !?!?!?!?!

As anecdotes go, that one must rank quite highly.
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Apr 04, 2005, 22:33
Yup. It's up there with a number of corkers. But this isn't the place for my odd catalogue of weird anecdotes many of which are quite disturbing and have little to do with big old rocks :-)
J
x
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index