Dysfunctional artists....

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

I Try
Jan 21, 2003, 09:10
Cracking song. Would this be a good time to admit to having been excited to find the Pink album on mp3 on the work's network? Despite myself I love that Don't Let Me Get Me song.
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Re: Whitney Houston!!!
Jan 21, 2003, 09:27
:o)

Would Jim Morrison be a legitimate subject here?
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Yeuch
Jan 21, 2003, 10:23
I feel utterly filthy now that I've just read this thread. I'm off to scrub myself raw with a Brillo pad and some Ajax. Thanks, people!

PS: Didn't someone here once say they'd made a version of I Will Always Love You where they'd looped Whitney's IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII to last for half an hour?
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Dysfunctional artists....
Jan 21, 2003, 10:37
wot the Snuff toon?
or Serge Gainsbourg attempting to entice her?
(ackshly I think that's overly euphemistic)
Stevo
Np Isaac Hayes Shaft Soundtrack Ellies Love Theme
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Rink-a-dink!
Jan 21, 2003, 10:54
Tried to persuade my daughter to spend her recodr voucher on the Pink album, but she went for Avril Lavigne instead! Kids!
Must confess, I don't really know a lot of Pink's stuff other than the quite rocky single I've seen on MTV...
Still know even less of Avril Lavigne's... I refuse to listen!
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Rink-a-dink!
Jan 21, 2003, 10:56
The last AL single reminded me of Jane Weidlen, a bit.
elderford
482 posts

Re: david byrne last tour
Jan 21, 2003, 11:54
...just love the way he dances. kinda feet nailed down and the rest of the body in fluid motion.
...those narrow hips and his big head, and the way he was dressed like a parcel delivery man, managed to make wearing brown look cool.
...just a tragedy of epic proportions that he won't perform "psycho killer". what a truism that line is : you're always talking but never saying anything.

at this point i just ramble on and on and on, etc...
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: david byrne last tour
Jan 21, 2003, 12:04
i've seen him live maybe a dozen times, and the last tour was - i think - the first time i've seen him when he didn't play Psycho Killer. He's often used it as an encore.
elderford
482 posts

Re: i stand corrected
Jan 21, 2003, 12:15
i've only seen him twice, and he's not done it either time, a young man at the bar informed me he never does it because it was co-written with Franz and Weymouth.
From now on i will only believe what i read on the internet.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: i stand corrected
Jan 21, 2003, 12:47
Well, "the young man at the bar" was misinformed in this instance. Indeed, probably the high-point of the tour-before-last was the encore of PsychoKiller he did, dressed in The Visible Man suit. The suit - if you've not seen it - is a skin-tight all over body suit printed with an image of the human body just below the skin... all ligament, tendon and muscle.

You get a vague impression of it from:
http://www.talking-heads.net/visibleman.html

The encore opened with him - dressed like that - lying in a fetal position on the stage. Didn't half freak me out the first time.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index