Unsung Forum »
Dysfunctional artists....

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Dysfunctional artists....
Jan 20, 2003, 19:50
Can we post about Whitney Houston here now?
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Re: Dysfunctional artists....
Jan 20, 2003, 21:16
or can we not?love dizzy xXx
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 21:47
On David Byrne's last tour, his high-energy and uncynical cover of Houston's "(I Wanna) Dance With Somebody" was an inspired choice of encore.

Other than that, i don't really have much to say about Whitney.
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Whip me!
Jan 20, 2003, 22:21
I've got one of her CD singles somewhere... The killer reggae type one, though I can't for the life of me remember what it's called or how it goes!!! I do like it though...
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Re: Whip me!
Jan 20, 2003, 22:22
I bought that Macy Gray single around the same time... 'I Try'. Good track...
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 22:28
I got the I will always love you 12" from the wife, we are now separated - these two events aren't connected (I think?). Actually i do like that but can't think of anything she does that I do like. She has a great voice tho, shame she sings such crap songs by (or buy? or bi?) and large

But Paul were you making a point about dysfunction and artisticnessisity. If so I agree - it seems to me on an intuitive level that there is a link, however since this is purely intuitive I will not explain why I think that is so I will stop waffl
Son Of Alice
41 posts

Jan 20, 2003, 22:44
Her 80s singles still occupy a soft spot in my heart. I'd love to do a cover of So Emotional. Haven't liked anything since then, though, and I Will Always Loved You paved the way for too much melismatic hysteria.

xxoo
SOA
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Dysfunctional artists..to Whit.
Jan 20, 2003, 22:50
All I have to say is that her version of "I Will Always Love You", in itself a niceenough song, has to me and ever will be, one of the most fearful and appalling sonic experiences of my life. Even to this day when ever that "and IIIIIIIIIII..." bit comes in, my spleen explodes; I vomit copiously, my eye twitches at the speed of humming bird wings and I have to restrain myself from taking a power drill to my head to let the pain out.
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Re: Dysfunctional artists..to Whit.
Jan 20, 2003, 23:45
hehehehehe .. you catch soa and his melismatic .. off i go to dictionary.com ..... oh it means person who has swalloed a dictionary!!
marvel63
marvel63
146 posts

Re: Whitney Houston!!!
Jan 21, 2003, 02:32
Unsung? Go elsewhere with this crap!
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index