Unsung Forum »
Synth Pop

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: Synth Pop
Jan 16, 2003, 21:43
I used to Love the first OMD album. Electricity still cuts it.
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Jan 16, 2003, 21:53
For many years I had a Love Hate relationship with the Mode and their music. One year I'd love 'em another year I couldn't listen to 'em. This went on for over a decade. Am I fickle?

Other Syth pop;

Replicas by Tubeway Army.

John Foxx - Metamatic. CD reish has Buring Car on it and other bonus tracks.

Talk Talk for well crafted and polished stuff.

Soft Cell. as Moonie says.

Check out the Heaven 17 track Temptation, it is a classic.

Visage - Fade to Grey, song only, MP3 download methinks.

It's good living in the future

MB
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Gangstas
Jan 16, 2003, 21:58
Would that not just be because he embraced the whole fast-cars-loadsamoney culture before it existed?
;-}
PaulB
188 posts

Jan 16, 2003, 23:04
Some fine choices on this thread, but don't forget Kraftwerk with Radioactivity and Autobahn.

Architecture & Morality by OMD is considered their most classic album. That album along with their debut album and Organisation are due to be reissued in February. All 3 are remastered with extra tracks along with sleeve notes by moi. Hurrah!

Dalek I Love You are also great for their quirky yet brilliant songs. Check out Compass kum'pas (if you can find it!).

But if you want to be awl-contemporary then get Ladytron, especially the debut album 604.
a23
a23
1004 posts

Jan 17, 2003, 01:09
You could do worse than check out Systems of Romance by Ultravox (their last LP before the "Midge" era, their first having lost the "!" at the end of their name) - I know it's derivative but I still get a kick out of some of the textures in the tracks. And I've always had a soft spot for John Foxx

Other stuff - some of the Cabs albums around the early 80's are quite melodic in places, s'pose some New Order stuff would come into this category too...
joe90
10 posts

Jan 17, 2003, 02:33
My wife loooves this shit,especially after we rented Donnie Darko with the Bunnymen and Tears For Fears on the soundtrack. Question; how good are Ladytron and/or Interpol? Not for me,of course,me wife. She's got an attic full of 12" EP's and the like.
Killer
255 posts

Fad Gadget
Jan 17, 2003, 08:40
I listened to the whole Fad Gadget / Frank Tovey back catalogue over Xmas as I burnt them all to CD. At lot of the synth Pop stuff sounds really dated, but FG hasn't aged at all, I was really looking forward to the new material that was due out this year, and was gutted when I heard of Franks untimelly death back in April.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Gangstas
Jan 17, 2003, 09:27
or because he's a reactionary git?
elderford
482 posts

Re: Gangstas
Jan 17, 2003, 09:58
...possibly.
elderford
482 posts

Re: if you like ladytron
Jan 17, 2003, 10:00
...why not try Stereo Total.

super electro-euro pop, sing in french, german and turkish on the last album, which even features the legendary Casio VL Tone on the cover.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index