Unsung Forum »
The Cure

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Re: The Cure
Jan 14, 2003, 22:55
wot video's that?it sounds morelike catch!, that's th 1 that all kinda in sum crazy foreign place like italy or sumfin bt hey, i really wudnt know bcos i missed th whole cure phenomenom really bcos im only 14, bt dont despair 4 me 2much cos that just means im even cooooooler cos erm.......yeah, it just does!love dizzy xXx
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Jan 14, 2003, 22:56
yes but i can move afta i've listened 2 the cure weras joy division seem 2 hav sum crazy affect on me 2 make me comatos!love dizzy xXx
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Jan 14, 2003, 22:57
i copied staring at th sea for mums car, it's the singles album, i always fst forward to 10.15 on asaturday nite!love dizzy xXx
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Jan 14, 2003, 23:04
When my kids were smaller they used to laugh their heads off at the line "and I'm sitting in the kitchen sink, and tap goes drip drip drip drip..."
PeteG
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Why cant I be you.
Jan 14, 2003, 23:12
Nope...it's a little ruder than that.
There is a bit during the chorus when various band members make shapes of the lyrics as they are sung standing in a line like cheerleaders i.e "Y Cant' I B U."

or should I say one them made a Y (standing with arms out) One of them made an I (standing straight...you get the picture) So how did they do they Cant bit? Well one of them is standing in a huge pair of red, vertical lips that they open on the word "can't" so the effect is
"Y Cunt I B U" . See? Very naughty hee hee
Apologies for any minors reading.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Re: Why cant I be you.
Jan 14, 2003, 23:19
Ooh naughty pussy!
Go chase a mouse
http://todayschuckle.com/dirty/mouse.jpg
Son Of Alice
41 posts

Jan 15, 2003, 00:51
I love the Cure, too. Thanks so much for this thread, dizzyfarie. I personally like their singles more than their albums (though I think Head On The Door is near-perfect) but I'm that way with a lot of bands. In my estimation, only Cope rivals Robert Smith as a master of skewed pop. And I also think they're one of the few bands to give music videos a good name, though I believe a lot of the credit for that should go to Tim Pope.

xxoo
SOA
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Jan 15, 2003, 03:22
Been recently revisiting The Head On The Door - noticing all manner of little Joy Division-isms that i'd not heard before (probably as a result of listening to very little except "Closer" last week). The Cure have that problem - with me - of being way too evocative of a specific time and place for me to be entirely at ease listening to them. Ghosts of past regrets - as Bob Smith would doubtlessly put it.

Still; there's no getting away from how amazing Faith and Disintegration are... rich and deep and luxurious. And the poppy stuff is far lovelier than it's given credit for. Tracks like "Six Different Ways" and "Close To Me", which are amazingly infectious and seem - to me - to be borrowing a lot from Talking Heads (but that's probably just me being influenced by the prism through which i view the world again). So yeah - "Yay! The Cure" i say... and i feel a review of "Head On The Door" coming on. . . . . . .
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8768 posts

Jan 15, 2003, 09:12
14??? Gawd I'm 44 this year! quite a range of ages on this site aren't there?!
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
Jan 15, 2003, 09:33
Am I the only one that thinks this was their best album? Oh, alright then.

*skulks off*

ps. Anyone want a copy of "Staring At The Sea: The Videos"?
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index