29 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sweetfeed
sweetfeed
105 posts

Edited Jun 05, 2023, 16:45
Re: Black Sheep notes
Jun 05, 2023, 13:29
For those wondering about different versions... some of these are the same recordings as previously released versions but with slightly different mixes.

Cromwell in Ireland sounds the same as the Trip Advizer version, which was the same recording as Psychedelic Revolution but a slightly different mix (a bit less muddy). Mother, Where Is My Father? is the same recording as The Unruly Imagination but the mix is very slightly different. The Everlasting No sounds exactly the same as the Trip Advizer E.P. version to my ears, but it was only available as an mp3 before now. All three of these segue into each other with Cope's trademark storm FX, which sounds pretty cool.

I Wanna Know What's In It for Me also sounds like the same recording as Unruly Imagination, but this mix is different (the boomy marching drum has been dialled down quite a bit). At Home He Feels Like a Tourist appears to be the same recording as Unruly but a very different mix with added accordion (?) and Cope announces the title at the start.

Everything else is a demo or previously unreleased.

Despite the (sort of) previously released material, I highly recommend this one. It does, as they say, feel like a new Cope album. Or a long lost Cope album.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index