Black Sheep notes
May 30, 2023, 17:27
Up now!
Brik
587 posts

Re: Black Sheep notes
May 30, 2023, 19:06
Yoink!
Seeing a lot of HH envelopes on the doormat this month :)
Didn't think it was coming out this soon, can't wait! Surreal that this is now a look-back, it still feels so recent. Well shucks I think I might have to go on a listening binge now.
sur plus
sur plus
42 posts

May 30, 2023, 20:26
Yip! Ordered.

Whoa! Black Sheep! Bam-Bah-Lamb!
Whoa! Black Sheep! Bam-Bah-Lamb!
potjebier
16 posts

May 30, 2023, 21:04
Ordered. And could you British lot please get back to the EU now, so I won't have to pay those extra 9 or so euro's for every order? Thx ;-)
Brik
587 posts

Edited May 30, 2023, 22:44
May 30, 2023, 22:36
Looks like we got ourselves a sell out! Just the CD bundle left for sale, unless they're staggering stock to befuddle the scalpers.
My Black Sheep's in good enough nick that I just bought the Notes. Had a moment where I pondered it just for the sticker but that's a collector's slope I sadly can't afford to slide down. £7 extra for one of the Drude's greatest is a real steal though.

All evidence points to the affirmative but I do hope Cope's Notes remains a continual pursuit. It's a much preferable format to me than the Deluxe issues. The OCD is satisfied with the consistent diary-scrapbook presentation and the record companies just kept fluffing those reissues in the oddest ways, not counting when we just didn't get exclusive material at all. The Notes series just cuts the obligatory niceties and goes right in with the killer. When it's straight from the Bard's mouth you know you're doing right which makes it all the more satisfying.

Best rummage my first-listen whiskey out, this one's gonna be major!

EDIT: Spoke too soon, it's back in :D
Brik
587 posts

Edited May 30, 2023, 22:38
May 30, 2023, 22:37
Sorry, I'm a shlub! I quoted myself instead of editing.
sweetfeed
sweetfeed
105 posts

May 30, 2023, 23:37
No idea why but I went for the bundle deal (I have a perfectly decent copy of the original Black Sheep already). Looking forward to this one, it’s one of Cope’s best. Can’t believe it’s 15 years old!
tippy wooder
85 posts

Jun 01, 2023, 13:50
Got mine this morning. Listened and loved it. Looking through the book, that seems really great too.
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Jun 01, 2023, 19:26
Holding fire on this as I see there are 2 or 3 tracks from 'The Unruly Imagination'. Are they alternate takes? Money for old Cope?
bauheed
bauheed
896 posts

Jun 01, 2023, 19:50
shame the busking tour film wasn't made available as part of this release. That would have been nice
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index