Topic View: Flat | Threaded
LeeHarveyIsInnocent
48 posts

Edited Jul 05, 2023, 06:12
Re: Teardrop Explodes box set
Jul 05, 2023, 06:09
Mark1971 wrote:
LeeHarveyIsInnocent wrote:

True, dat, the repetition of previously released bonus tracks across all the Teardrops / Cope "deluxe / expanded" editions is beyond a joke. Don't get me started on the Cope BBC set which was expanded to a 2CD set within a few years. And then much of the same material repeated AGAIN on the expanded WSYM / Fried sets. Doesn't Cope have "outtakes"? I'd pay happily for Peggy or Jehovakill Sessions sets (provided they show the development of the tracks). Cope himself loves the Funhouse Box, so I know he gets being an obsessive "fan" himself. Though he does refer to disliking overstuffed "Spanish Galleon" style sets, so who (other than he) knows.

There's 3 demos of Peggy Suicide floating about on the web that are superior to the PS versions I reckon. These were sourced from a tape I copied from an acquaintance of Cope's back in about 1990/1. I digitised them some years back & got them out there. I have had a couple of goes at getting them to Julian as well for release, but never heard back.

Thanks. Very interesting. This sounds like exactly the kind of stuff I'd like to see included in reissues. Could you link to where I could download those 3 tracks?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index