525 posts

Re: Dope 12"/LP
Apr 04, 2017, 18:09
ugh...I have to hold out for the CD as I am w/o a turntable
Jeez
98 posts

Apr 12, 2017, 16:52
I find myself frequently whingeing about RSD and I don't want to be negative, but FFS - why is this LP going to be a RSD exclusive? Whats the point?
I am not going to be queueing from midnight because I'm not insane, and I am probably not going to be able to get this LP, except by paying an EBay scalper a few extra notes.

How is this benefiting record shops?
I don't get the concept of RDS unless it was invented by EBay to promote their site.

Stop this madness!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Apr 12, 2017, 18:28
Don't panic and pay instant-bad-karma eBay flipper prices. Look to rough trade or juno to have stock the day after, or wait a bit and buy once the RSD frenzy has diminished. I have yet to "miss out" on any wanted item, and have never paid more than retail for anything. Maybe that's because my tastes aren't popular, but I doubt there will be a mad rush for the general public to buy this obscure side project 12".
phallus dei
583 posts

Apr 13, 2017, 13:22
Citizensmurf wrote:
Don't panic and pay instant-bad-karma eBay flipper prices. Look to rough trade or juno to have stock the day after, or wait a bit and buy once the RSD frenzy has diminished. I have yet to "miss out" on any wanted item, and have never paid more than retail for anything. Maybe that's because my tastes aren't popular, but I doubt there will be a mad rush for the general public to buy this obscure side project 12".

Thanks for the good advice. Like Jeez, I was thinking I'd have to rely on Ebay for this release, as I live in rural America, far away from any "independent" record shop that might carry Dope. Making matters worse, my other favorite artist - Klaus Dinger - has also got a significant RSD exclusive. I really wish this trend would end.
tippy wooder
85 posts

Apr 13, 2017, 15:19
What about those of us who would like a digital version?
Jeez
98 posts

Edited Apr 14, 2017, 14:55
Apr 14, 2017, 14:55
Thanks Citizensmurf - I feel slightly reassured by your post, but although there won't be a mad rush by the public for "Dope" equally the shops probably won't have many in stock.
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

Apr 22, 2017, 07:17
I'm hoping (and will be disappointed if not) that a cache of them appears in the merchandiser here next week, because to be honest, this is where the majority of people who will give enough of a shit about it to actually stump up the cash for hang around.
penttik
penttik
12 posts

Apr 22, 2017, 10:06
5 copies left in Bristol rise records about an hour ago. Queue has gone now.

Manage to buy what appeared to be the only copy of drunken songs too.
Jeez
98 posts

Apr 22, 2017, 14:13
There were two copies in my store when it opened. I queued up early in the end and got one. The first track Drugs is exactly what you think its going to sound like, but better. A nice bit of electric geetar on there and JC is intoning a sort of shopping list. The second track The Heidi Mind Story is like Brain Donor and is messing with my head as I write.
Julian on top form! Buy!
Jeez
98 posts

Apr 22, 2017, 14:42
Side 2 is instrumental. Zen Enforcer is like Neu! Yamaha Ride Remix is like a 1950s sci-fi movie set on an ice skating rink in the Australian outback.
Thunderstorm effects are back on the last track btw.
That's good in my book.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index