Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Edited Mar 21, 2017, 19:01
Dope 12"/LP
Mar 21, 2017, 18:57
Looks like some of the Dope material is finally getting a release. There's a Maxi 12"/LP being released as a Record Store Day exclusive next month.

Download list of the full UK releases here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/21_03_17_rsd_releases.pdf
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Re: Dope 12
Mar 21, 2017, 19:02
That's annoying. I've grown to really dislike RSD and the scalping that follows.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Dope 12"/LP
Mar 21, 2017, 23:03
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/dope-maxi/643871-01/
The Hidden Corner
The Hidden Corner
149 posts

Drunken Songs
Mar 21, 2017, 23:17
I see that Drunken Songs is also finally getting a limited vinyl release for RSD. Having already bought (and been distinctly underwhelmed by) the CD, I'll be hanging on to my dosh.
phallus dei
583 posts

Mar 22, 2017, 12:48
The listed genre is coldwave/synth? I wasn't expecting that. For some reason I was under the impression that Dope was going to be a Brain Donor-like power trio.
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Mar 22, 2017, 17:40
yeah, me too.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 16:56
Another link:

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=114830

"Does your subconscious yearn for symphonic no wave? Is lumpen prole skank calling to you in the dead of night?. Do you hate Donald Trump but still wanna lynch Hillary for destabilizing N. Africa? Can you exercise to Gnod? Then Dope might well be the band you never even knew you needed. And this 35 minute long introductory LP is just the way in you might feel obliged to purchase.Two years ago Julian Cope formed Dope to cover all these bases. So he selected from his myriad gang of reprobates four other musicians who know nothing of the 21st century – four intuitive non career movers whose endgame is merely tp play their music, salute the skies, then quit this mortal coil.Dopeis the ultimate cave holler, the festival band from hell that plays OUTSIDE the gates of Worthy farm. Five hairy bastards who prefer bongos to congas, who accept classic analogue synthesizers but prefer peculiarly-shaped boxes that emit randomly until kicked into submission. Even Dope’s incredibly talented lead guitarist spends most of his time crouched over a hot FX unit. So if you are too much of a reggae snob to enjoy Moebius & Plank’s RASTAKRAUTPASTA, please forget Dope. But if the squeaks and blurts of the Nigger Kojak LP is never off your turntable, then Dope is for you. And if you adore Amon Duul 2 but still prefer the massed tribal abandon of Amon Duul 1, then again Dope is for you. Dope is not anarchism, its anarchy."
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 19:09
I wonder if it's going to be for sale here at HH?
phallus dei
583 posts

Apr 03, 2017, 21:15
What a great publicity blurb!
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Apr 04, 2017, 08:34
Apr 04, 2017, 08:30
Reading that blurb has just made me dig out my Amon Duul 2 albums. The vinyl shall spin on my Marantz turntable this very hour. In an unusual move, I had almost pre-empted this by relentlessly playing Neu! yesterday afternoon whilst on a dejunking binge. It looks like that particular section of my vinyl collection will be having another addition shortly.
Could Copey please mock-up some UA labels for the Dope pressing to fit in with my existing collection?
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index