28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Re: disgraceful gouging of Cope fans
Feb 23, 2017, 10:20
tk421 wrote:
Initially, I thought that the rise in downloadable music would make this a non-issue. Why would you buy something that takes up space when when you can download it instead?

It doesn't seem to have worked that way. We all want the tangible artefact and, even if there isn't mass demand for object X, we will still pay over the odds to have it.

I think most Cope fans would be happy with the digital version to hear the music as a priority, but speaking personally, Cope releases are generally more than just the music due to the usual aspect of interesting packaging, sleevenotes, poems etc.
For example, I have the digital version (downloaded from HH) of Too Freud, but would still like at some point to have the actual CD. I kinda resent paying over the odds though, despite my desire to own these items, as I kinda feel like someone's going "Cope fans'll pay silly money for this because they REALLY WANT IT".
I've read so many posts on this forum where actual Cope fans are swapping or offering up spare copies, picking up gig-only releases on behalf of another member, so certainly the inner fan community is much more altruistic than the 3rd party sellers.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index