Topic View: Flat | Threaded
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Re: Forgotten Gems
Oct 20, 2015, 22:08
carol27 wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:
Prince Sign O The Times for me. Was listening to a doc on 6Music on Prince and forgot how bloody good it is.

Song wise, Pink Fairies- Do It, on the same radio station, last time I heard that was under some chemical influence many many years ago.

Ooh, most of Prince for me , though I don't really " forget" him ever.
I'm reminded of Devo however & my fav is Duty Now For The Future. Top well good.

Cant let this go without a nod to Nina Hagens Nunsexmonkrock album, think eno/byrne my life in the bush of ghosts only in german with UFO'S! Ive loved this album since the day it came out 300 years ago unfortunately I don't play it too often because it scares my kids!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 21, 2015, 00:15
Leatherface who I used to hitch the UK to see 25 years ago have just hada compilationof 3lps and various singles and eps put out.
Really great stuff reminded me of Husker Du meets Motorhead at the time and still do with some other stuff bunged in.
II should have been playing this stuff on my radio show 20 years ago.

Stevo
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Oct 21, 2015, 02:14
Oct 21, 2015, 02:11
Went to see Jon Spencer Blues Explosion last night who were really good.
Reminded me of this classic The Cramps record.

The Cramps - Smell of Female (Full Album)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V00BEZV3jqs
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Apr 14, 2017, 23:00
1001realapes wrote:
Blue Phantom - Distortions

Limbus 3

Limbus 4

By bizarre coincidence, listened to all three of the above in the last 24 hours (started with Limbus 4, later googled it, and found myself here). Much of Blue Phantom mastermind Armando Siascia's other work is worth investigating too, varying from proto-funk wah-wah soundtrack stuff to some genuinely weird shit. Not sure about the Limbuses (Limbusses?)
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index