Low

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Low
Oct 03, 2015, 20:57
Plus, for Sparhawk noise wigouts, you need Retribution Gospel Choir lll. And you need the collaboration with Dirty Three- In the Fishtank. Off you go -its only ££££ : )
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re: Low
Oct 06, 2015, 19:40
I've heard odds 'n' sods from them before but this is the first time i've been immersed in them and i'm rather enjoying it.
Nice paired-down arrangements and fabulous production. Might have to shell out for those other albums too.

How did I miss them?
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Oct 06, 2015, 20:07
These things easily happen, plus there's been a time some of their early stuff's been unavailable. Seeing as we're approaching the festive season all too soon, get their Christmas ep. Should warm the heart of the most hardened agnostic if they've got functioning ears. Cheap and about half an hour of great music. Still letting Ones ad Sixes sink in, but reckon its up there with the likes of the superb Trust etc.
keith a
9574 posts

Oct 07, 2015, 18:24
vince wrote:
I've heard odds 'n' sods from them before but this is the first time i've been immersed in them and i'm rather enjoying it.
Nice paired-down arrangements and fabulous production. Might have to shell out for those other albums too.

How did I miss them?

My eldest got me into them when Things We Lost In The Fire came out and I've been hooked since.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Oct 07, 2015, 19:47
In session with Marc Riley right now. Quick, they're on for a couple more songs
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Oct 07, 2015, 23:38
iPlayer
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Oct 08, 2015, 11:14
Oh the modern world we live in
Terryto
28 posts

Oct 08, 2015, 16:45
Don't think you can go wrong with anything from Secret Name onwards (although I love all the records before as well).

It is also worth checking them out live. Alan Sparhawk is an incredible guitar player. Off to see them in Glasgow tonight!
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Free live stuff
Oct 08, 2015, 19:56
Just remembered there were a lot of gigs up on Archive.org with the bands blessing. Dunno if still there.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Low
Oct 08, 2015, 19:59
: ) + : (
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index