Low

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

GYBE-LOW
Oct 31, 2015, 03:40
Can't do link, but noiseniks might like what I've just found on youtube: Godspeed You Black Emperor + LOW - Do You Know How To Waltz? (Live).. progresses from Alan 'n Mimi to John Martyny late '70's echoplexiness to a roar and resolve. Sound quality not perfect, but, well, I rather like it. I saw them play with Ida as a quasi GYBE in Manchester a few years back and they were headrippingly fab.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

On Later Live tonight
Nov 03, 2015, 21:31
Beeb2 22-00... then there's the show on Fri (+ iPlayer)
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Re: On Later Live tonight
Nov 04, 2015, 09:27
Aaaagh, my digi recorder thingy seems to be on the blink. I'll just have to try and stay in* on Friday.

*... and stay awake.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Nov 04, 2015, 12:29
What part of me is an awesome song, I have to say. Not sure if the rest of the album is as good, mind. Joanna Newsom is a thing of beauty too. Then there were the zombies blokes.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Nov 04, 2015, 20:18
Good heavens, surely you could order your jester to tickle you from somnolence at the right time? It's the least the chap could do considering the amount of gruel you give him.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Nov 04, 2015, 21:16
I've only been aware of Low over the last few months for some reason, on the radio; sessions & so on & I haven't disliked a thing I've heard. So I've downloaded 'C'mon' for starters.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Nov 04, 2015, 21:24
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
What part of me is an awesome song, I have to say. Not sure if the rest of the album is as good, mind. Joanna Newsom is a thing of beauty too. Then there were the zombies blokes.

I'm going to develop a Zombies v Thunderbirds movie where the Zombies invade Tracey Island, wander around shouting "Braaains!" and the uber-fascist quasi-military family agree to sacrifice the Intelligencia One. I'll get Richard A Grant to pitch it. Alan can continue wanking alone in space.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Nov 04, 2015, 22:12
S'no good...now I've got to Youtube Thunderstingcars AGAIN....
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Nov 04, 2015, 22:26
Fessing up, I've yet to hear The Invisible Way apart from some live bits, but apart from that imo you need the lot. See the recommendations above. They're all sound. Seeing as its that time soon, ask someone you know for the Christmas EP as a prezzie. Low are addictive. When I regained my love of modern music back in '03, after innernet browsing the first CD of anyone I bought was their Things We Lost In The Fire, and I haven't looked back. You h a v e to see them live. Thankfully Alan seems to be on top of his bipolar problem - I've seen them when he's been 'hairs standing up on back of my neck' teetering, Mimi looking on concerned. Fine, fine guitar.. nowt not to like.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Low
Nov 06, 2015, 19:23
Later. Beeb2. 23-30. Tonight.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index