"Lulu" - Lou Reed & Metallica

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Maldoror
Maldoror
720 posts

"Lulu" - Lou Reed & Metallica
Sep 08, 2015, 06:07
What do you think about that record, folks? For my money it's one of the most nauseating pieces of crap on all the history of rock'n'roll.
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

Re: "Lulu" - Lou Reed & Metallica
Sep 08, 2015, 10:51
I'm in the minority, but I like it. Not the greatest in either artist's discography, and an unfortunate swansong for Reed though.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Sep 08, 2015, 11:28
Apparently, David Bowie rates this album very highly.
keith a
9572 posts

Sep 08, 2015, 12:28
Maldoror wrote:

What do you think about that record, folks? For my money it's one of the most nauseating pieces of crap on all the history of rock'n'roll.

It might pay repeated listens, but I wouldn't know. I listened to it once and the thought of having to hear it again is one I could not bear.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Sep 08, 2015, 12:53
I haven't heard the album, but the version of 'White Light White Heat' they played on Jools Holland was one of the most unpleasant things I've ever encountered.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Sep 08, 2015, 13:03
Ditto, I'm afraid.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Sep 08, 2015, 13:12
It needed alot more cowbell.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Sep 08, 2015, 15:24
For two "big time" artists to release such a piece of shit tells you they were surrounded by "yes" men who told them what a fantastic,groundbreaking record they were making. then it came out and well it wasn't was it?
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Sep 08, 2015, 15:56
It was an experiment, and experiments can end one of two ways. The main problem is they set out to make a miscegenation, not out of love, or because the groove took them there, but just to see what the child looked like.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Sep 08, 2015, 16:34
Sin Agog wrote:
It was an experiment, and experiments can end one of two ways. The main problem is they set out to make a miscegenation, not out of love, or because the groove took them there, but just to see what the child looked like.

failed experiments should remain in the Lab not be freed to wreak havoc in the streets
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index