Teardrop Explodes on Toppermost

25 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Teardrop Explodes on Toppermost
Sep 04, 2015, 19:19
Stevo wrote:
I think the Associates did during the year they put out the singles taht make up 4th Drawer Down.
THink The Cure and The banshees may have done too. & I think the Glove was a collaboration based heavily on the ingestion of the substances concerned.

Our departed Lord Lucan told me he'd met Steve Severin and that he was quite open in talking about how the whole band would drop acid and listen to Wire's "Chairs Missing" for inspiration, although I don't know at what stage of their career that happened. I didn't know about the Associates, but listening to "Fourth Drawer Down" I can believe it. Like the Teardrops, another one-off band who had a couple of big hits but whose muse eventually turned out to be too wayward for long-term commercial success.

I suspect that a few punk-era bands might have dabbled in hallucinogens but kept quiet about it because speed was the fashionable drug du jour and LSD was associated with smelly hippies. Of course a few (such as the Blue Orchids) made no secret of it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index