Unsung Forum »
Teardrop Explodes on Toppermost

25 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Re: Teardrop Explodes on Toppermost
Sep 03, 2015, 00:09
Yeah,we've talked about the Wilder reviews before haven't we,about Sounds in particular writing, to paraphrase, "from someone who I consider to be a considerable (he was a fucking shit writer in my mind's eye) talent, this is the biggest pile of dogshit I have heard in a long time". "Dogshit" was used. Then again, Mike Nicholls in the Record Mirror (or Melody Maker, I can't recall) said it was a leap forward in quality that Duran Duran and Adam and the Ants could only dream about. "Little" Nicky Horn on Capital Radio went apeshit over Seven Views Of Jerusalem, played it all the time. And Smash Hits called Sunshine Playroom a couple of years later the (paraphrasing again) "work of a genius and absolutey marvellous". So there were still pockets of support out there. I remember Julian turning up on Janice Long's show to promote 'Fried' and she sounded completely bewildered and concerned (?). I have no idea obviously in what state Julian was during interview . They played Sunspots and I remember being blown away by it. This is pretty much all from memory from over 30 years ago. Now, where did I leave my fucking keys...?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index